Mobile Software Developer
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
Chime is looking for an experienced mobile engineer with React Native experience to help us build the mobile banking app of the future. The candidate should have 4+ years of experience writing native mobile applications (iOS or Android) and some amount of React Native expertise or have deep expertise in building a highly scaled application in React.js with aspirations to work on a mobile app.
- Design, develop, test, release, and scale new and existing consumer product features and mobile architecture
- Work closely with our product team to launch new features
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work in a team as well as independently to deliver on aggressive schedules and goals
- Possess and act on a strong empathy for the users of the products you create.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in React.js or mobile development (Bonus: React Native).
- React Native, some native iOS and Android
- Experience leading execution of complex projects involving multiple engineers
- Experience building a React.js or native mobile app with traffic at scale. Ability to architect, refactor, and debug an app without disrupting and introducing regressions to 100,000s of users is a big plus.
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Start-up experience is a plus
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits, as well as a retirement savings match through our group RRSP.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches. (when back in office!)
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime Financial Canada, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Canadian federal and provincial law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.