MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
About the Job:
VoltSafe is a Canadian tech start-up headquartered in Vancouver, BC that has reinvented the electrical plug, with the first ever prong-less magnetic electrical plug for high power.
First developed in 2015, the ground-breaking, patented Canadian technology, has created the world’s safest, simplest, and smartest plug design since electricity came into homes more than 140 years ago. In 2018, VoltSafe successfully pitched on Dragon’s Den, receiving three offers above ask, and recently won the BC Cleantech Newcomer award at GLOBE Cleantech 2020. Its first to market product, VoltSafe Winter (magnetic plug for block heaters), has received the highest commercially viable Safety Integrity Level rating. The company’s current product pipeline includes magnetic plug replacement solutions for household, commercial, marine, autonomous electric vehicles, and more.
We are looking for an innovative, intelligent, and self-motivated person to join our world-class engineering team! Check out the job requirements below and connect with us!
The position is in Vancouver, CA
VoltSafe is looking to expand our engineering team to work on our mobile app and user-facing web products. The ideal candidate has experience working on production web and mobile user systems.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collaborate with engineering team to bring mobile prototypes from Figma to production React Native Components
- Test the mobile app across devices and Operating Systems and against production hardware
- Write unit tests
- Develop backend server-side applications for IoT devices
- Develop applications using Bluetooth communication API
- Solid rapid prototyping and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to take risk and iterate over new ideas
- Ability to work on solving novel problems using new platforms with sparse-to-no documentation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Work experience with React.js (mandatory), React Native
- Experience in developing enriching UI/UX (mandatory)
- Previous experience using Figma for app prototyping
- Previous co-op experience, especially startups, is a plus
- Contribution to open source projects is highly appreciated
- Flexible work options and remote work when not needed at HQ
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Annual budget for discretionary professional development
- Highly sought-after team culture and work environment (open plan office)
- Complimentary Nespresso, Cold Drinks and Snacks
- Free hugs once safe to do so!
Do you think you have what it takes? Email your resume and cover letter to:
VoltSafe supports employment equity and diversity in the workplace and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About VoltSafe Inc.
Fearless creators, obsessed with progress, VoltSafe Inc. is changing the way people connect to power. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, the Canadian tech startup has reinvented the electrical plug by eliminating prongs, adding magnets and an “electrical fingerprint”. Using patented technology, VoltSafe has created the world’s safest, simplest, and smartest plug design since electricity came into homes more than 140 years ago. In 2018, VoltSafe successfully pitched on CBC’s Dragons’ Den, receiving three offers above ask and won the BC Cleantech Newcomer award at GLOBE Cleantech 2020 along with other accolades to date. The company’s first certified product to market, VoltSafe Winter (a magnetic extension cord for engine block heaters), is on store shelves in numerous big box retailers across Canada and the USA. The company’s product pipeline includes magnetic plug replacement solutions for household, commercial, industrial, marine, electric and autonomous vehicles, emergency services, data centres and more.