Mechanical Design Engineer
TerrameraVancouver, BC16 days ago
We are actively seeking three experienced Mechanical Engineers to join our multi-disciplinary Research & Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the mechanical design of the automated systems, including the design of structures, motion transmission systems, and mobile robot platforms. This position will develop and maintain 3D assemblies, and works with the machine shop to fabricate the parts and assemble the mechanisms that facilitate our agricultural and soil organic carbon research. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the R&D team including Scientists, Software, Machine Learning and Robotics Engineers.
To carry out the design and development of state-of-art mechanical robotic systems to optimize R&D lab operations.
- Support the design and implementation of automation platforms for autonomous vehicle operations (picture drones flying up in the air or rovers propelling on the ground)
- Design, prototype, and test mechanical systems to integrate with microcontrollers, sensors, etc.
- Oversee the fabrication of 3D parts and assemblies
- Keep our 3D design methods up to date with the cutting edge in design software and fabrication methods
- Contribute and maintain the process and operational procedures for the engineering team
- Perform other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job
- Post-secondary degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in mechanical design and engineering
- Experience with developing and maintaining design documentation throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Proficiency in 3D modeling
- Solid understanding of dynamics and kinetics in mechanical systems
- Strong structural analysis skills
- Expert level knowledge of tolerancing and GD&T
- Knowledge of machining techniques
- Experience assembling and integrating motion transmission components such as shafts, couplers, gearboxes, timing belts, chains, etc.
- Proven ability to rapidly prototype mechanical systems
- Ability to read, interpret and generate engineering documents
- Capable of performing research on best practices and making it consumable for other team members
- Experience with design in Ordered and Synchronous mode (Solid Edge)
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with control systems
- Portfolio of completed projects available for review
- Safety-minded and hands-on
- Strong problem solving aptitude
- Highly conscientious with strong follow-through
- Effective team player demonstrating a positive attitude
- Vancouver, BC
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a globally-recognized cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80%, increasing global farm productivity by 20%, and increasing soil organic carbon by 100% by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include state-of-art research labs, robotics workshop, greenhouse and farm, and has 250+ patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. As we make serious efforts to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application.
Providing this information is optional. It will not be accessible or used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.