BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Manager, Enterprise Architect in our Information, Technology Services Division.
Bring your expertise and passion for architecture design and your visionary leadership to make realistic approaches to technology evolution.
BC Assessment is a Provincial Crown Corporation that develops and maintains real property assessments throughout British Columbia in addition to providing real property information. BC Assessment serves the citizens of British Columbia and has 13 offices throughout the province.
At BC Assessment, our people and culture are important to us. We work together to create a culture that appreciates differences in all forms. We trust and respect each other, and are invited to bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work, and through our efforts ultimately contribute to a better British Columbia. Our digitally agile, service-centric employees are productive, engaged, and work collaboratively in a modern flexible workplace. Our employees are at the heart of our organization and we are proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for the ninth year!
Enterprise Architecture is part of the Programs, Planning and Architecture (PP&A) team within the Information Technology Services (ITS) Division. The Enterprise Architecture group guides technology evolution and is positioned to participate in the major changes required to achieve BC Assessment’s strategic goals.
The PP&A team is primarily located at our Uptown office and leads the development and implementation of the corporate strategic direction for IMIT initiatives, as well as the supporting plan for the ITS Division. We are focused on addressing the needs of all external customers and the internal process needs of all BC Assessment (BCA) divisions; the team manages the development and operations of the Corporate Project Management Office (PMO), IMIT governance processes, and the development and management of the corporate Enterprise Architecture. We direct the development and ongoing evolution of the Corporate IMIT Plan (multi-year) which provides direction for the prioritization and development of more detailed plans. We support and execute ITS Programs to meet BCA’s strategic goals through the implementation and enhancement of technology.
At BC Assessment, we offer competitive benefits for our employees:
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks, hybrid work options and flexible work schedules.
- Public Service Pension Plan – one of the best in Canada, allowing you to plan for your future.
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits through Pacific Blue Cross and an Employee Assistance Program to help support our employees overall well-being.
- Career development – we want you to grow and learn with us! We provide ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
Reporting to the Director, Programs, Planning & Architecture, the Manager Enterprise Architecture will embark on a journey to modernize BC Assessments architecture by leading and participating in a wide variety of initiatives related to hybrid cloud, machine learning, analytics, system integration, process automation and additional projects as required.
The Manager Enterprise Architecture plays a central role in leading a team to research, design and implement digital capabilities at enterprise scale. The Manager champions the principles that support the creation of simple, secure and adaptable solutions, while, at the same time, provides expertise to help solve main technology related challenges. To achieve outstanding results, the Manager works in close collaboration with business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
You are curious, open minded, able to adapt and encourage others to adapt. You are a true team player and take pride in providing excellent service. You communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences, and you know that listening is just as important as speaking. You pursue a clear understanding of the issues you are facing before you provide solutions, and you are able to recognize patterns across incomplete or seemingly disconnected information. Your passion for architecture design permeates the work you do, and your visionary capability is grounded in realistic approaches to technology evolution. Last, but not least, you do what it takes to stay up-to-date with the evolution of technology trends and industry standards.
- Leads the development, implementation and enforcement of corporate IMIT technical architecture policy, principles, procedures and standards.
- Own the Enterprise Architecture practice and continuously enhance its value generation.
- Ensure alignment between Enterprise Architecture deliveries and BC Assessment’s strategy.
- Conducts research and development initiatives to discover, understand and recommend emerging technologies and services and their potential usefulness for BCA.
- Manages and leads technical projects to implement and integrate elements of the enterprise architecture.
- Champion the use of architecture principles and methodology on BC Assessment’s major technology related decisions
- Lead a team of high performing senior individuals and support their professional growth.
- Foster collaboration between a wide-range of experts to ensure technology deliveries are supported by the appropriate architectural implementation.
- Contributes to the development of IMIT long term plans and the future direction of corporate information, technology and solution architectures.
- Contributes to the development of the annual Information & Technology Services divisional plan.
- Contribute to organizational changes that improve how business and technology areas create value together.
Location: Victoria, BC – Uptown, or Vancouver, BC, or Nanaimo, BC
Compensation: $104,300 to $127,400
Competition Close Date: November 27, 2022 @ 11:59 P.M.
- A university degree preferably in Computer Science or other STEM area.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in leading, mentoring and supervising employees teams in an information technology area.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in system design, programming and technology solutions deployment.
- Experience with strategic planning and business transformation in a technology dependent business area or information systems branch.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications. If you are an internal employee, please ensure that your employee profile contains your relevant education and experience.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
BC Assessment is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID–19 while building connection and collaboration in our hybrid workplace. Effective Nov 26, 2021, BC Assessment requires all employees, as a condition of employment, to be fully vaccinated and to provide Canadian proof of vaccination or a BC Vaccine Card.