Manager, Customer Marketing (G2M)
UnbounceVancouver, BC16 days ago
TL;DR - You could have a profound impact on what the future of marketing might look like. We’re looking for a strategic and creative marketer to lead our customer marketing team in our ‘go-to-customer’ and go-to-market work for our most important innovation projects at Unbounce. You’ll be working with our PMM, Product, Marketing and UX teams to discover what we should be building next, introduce it to our customers, and ultimately drive adoption through your marketing programs. Sitting on the Strategic Growth team, you’ll report to the Senior Manager of Customer Marketing.
A closer look at the role:
Working with our product teams who are leveraging AI and machine learning to build the next generation of products in marketing technology, you and your team will help them in discovery, validation and adoption of what we’re baking. Specifically, you’ll be the bridge to our customers, and introducing them to these tools for the first time.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to take a call with a customer, run an experiment, and find the best way we should be introducing our new products to them. You’ll spend your time working closely with our product managers and product marketers to discover who our ideal customers are for these new products, refine our positioning, messaging, and build the strategies on how we'll get our customers to adopt these new tools.
Using several channels including email, in-app messaging, PPC, product tours, and by working with our product, sales, and support teams, your team will execute the lifecycle marketing and adoption strategies to onboard, activate, and engage our customers in using our new products.
If you’re a people leader that gets excited about innovation, working with cross-functional teams, and helping others navigate ambiguity while we discover the unknown, then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead customer marketing initiatives for our product and innovation work, your team’s strategy, and the marketers who work within it.
- Coach and level up your team as well as other teams you work with.
- Support our product teams in reaching our customers with our new products we’re experimenting with, testing new ideas, gathering feedback, and relaying it back to our teams so we can iterate further.
- Talk to customers and help build empathy internally so we can be more effective in solving their problems and speaking their language
- Help shape our product position and messaging with our Product Marketing Team
- Strategize, build and execute customer marketing lifecycle programs that drive adoption of our new products.
- Lead in cross-team initiatives that focus on driving adoption of new products.
- Develop creative & high-converting, but still delightful, marketing content (such as emails, landing pages and in-app messages) that builds product awareness and helps our customers get more value from Unbounce.
- Lead and project manage campaigns and programs with multiple collaborators from inception through execution and ultimately performance measurement and reporting.
- Use Intercom and other lifecycle messaging tools to create advanced automated email and in-app workflows.
- Collect and use customer data (attributes and behaviours) and interviews to develop advanced segmentation to enable personalized messaging, campaigns, and effective customer insights.
- Stay on top of customer marketing best practices, and consistently share the best of what you learn with your team to infuse it into your ideation, strategy and approach.
A Little Bit About You:
- You have 4+ years’ experience in a marketing strategy role with one or more of the following: product marketing, go-to-market experience, content marketing, email marketing, campaign strategy, growth marketing or marketing automation.
- Ability to take customer problems and create value propositions, positioning, and messaging that resonates with them for the solutions we’re building.
- Have experience coaching & managing others, and believe that you can have more impact by helping others grow.
- You have led major cross-team initiatives and have had others buy into a vision you’ve created.
- You're an excellent writer and think copy should be delightful. We’d love to see your past work.
- You have an understanding of the customer lifecycle and how to create meaningful segmentation of your customers along the way.
- You are skilled at building product adoption strategies with experience motivating cohorts of customers to use specific features and functionality.
- Your DNA is wired with customer and teammate empathy. We’re keen to work with someone who wants to regularly talk to customers and interview them.
- You have a proven ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
- You are data driven and analytical, with the ability to interpret data and generate actionable insights - experience with analytics tools and spreadsheets is a must.
- You’re career experienced, so organizational skills and accountability should be something you’re wearing everyday.
- You’re insatiably curious, excited to take on leadership and show a bias for action.
- A practitioner who is always working on building/expanding their ‘playbook’ of best practices, tactics, strategies or mental models that they can apply to work or share with others
- You are keen to work cross functionally including mentoring other marketers, and leading strategic initiatives that include our product, sales, support, data and marketing teams.
- Familiarity or certification with Reforge, PMA, and Pragmatic Marketing a huge plus. We’ll be speaking the same language.
What’s In It For You?
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Sick days, moving days, personal days, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.