We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
This role will be based out of Vancouver, BC or from a home office anywhere in the US or Canada.
You’ll be a perfect fit if you are:
A self-starter with an insatiable curiosity for identifying the ideal client experience and the expertise to create strategies that will bring them to life. We are looking for problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a rapidly evolving working environment. We embrace change; you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Help develop the ideal client lifecycle journey that helps Bench onboard, nurture, engage and retain clients
- Update content strategy for the client lifecycle journey specific to different Bench products/bundles ensuring high relevance in messaging
- Work with the Director, Client Lifecycle Marketing in strategizing, building and optimizing complex customer journeys using your expertise in lifecycle marketing
- Lead end-to-end planning and execution of lifecycle campaigns using data driven strategies/hypotheses
- Building and sharing reports that track the performance of client lifecycle journeys and campaigns created within our marketing automation platform
- Create and optimize segmentation and email content personalization strategies by leveraging activity data, LTV, demographics, and user behaviour/intent/preference.
- Work with cross functional partners like BizOps, Data, Operations, Lead Marketing, Client Success etc. to identify best in class experience personalized to the client’s preferred channel (email, in-app messaging, chat, sms etc.)
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years experience developing and automating customer lifecycle strategies using email, app or web and other channels/messaging platforms.
- Strong knowledge in email marketing trends, technologies, and best practices, which you use to drive results through email programs.
- Experience working in platforms like Marketo, Salesforce or similar marketing platforms
- Understanding of B2B customer lifecycle flows and email + marketing automation best practices.
- Proficient with segmentation, reporting, and how to use data to drive business decisions
- Experience developing and executing A/B tests, analyzing results and translating data into business and client insights
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Have an iterative mindset, constantly seeking improvements to process, strategy, tools and technologies.
What’s in it for you + the extra details:
- You will get to learn and grow by working with a team of unconventional & diverse leaders, from ex-business owners to consultants, all coming together to achieve the same mission.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $70,000 - $88,000. Stock options will also be a part of the total compensation package
- You have the opportunity of a lifetime to truly make a difference in the lives of millions of entrepreneurs.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- We're a remote-first team augmented by physical space, and you'll need to be able to travel to Vancouver regularly once it’s possible to do
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.