TerrameraVancouver, BC16 days ago
We are seeking for a highly-motivated, experienced Corporate Counsel who will be responsible for advising the Company’s business units, executive team and board on a wide range of corporate, commercial and other legal matters. The role demands a high degree of integrity, strategic thinking, and cross-functional leadership.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Counsel works closely with the Strategic Leadership and Executive team.
- Provide strategic advisory to the Company’s business units, executive team, and the board on a wide range of corporate, commercial and other legal matters.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and advise on a wide range of agreements including employment, supplier, services, consulting, professional services, and leasing agreements.
- Assist with and manage the legal aspects of a variety of transactions, including M&A, financings and licensing arrangements.
- Prepare and support board and committee meetings, as well as manage corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Retain, instruct and oversee external legal counsel on behalf of the company where appropriate.
- Promote legal compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Maintain and manage up-to-date repository of all legal agreements and obligations
- Liaise and develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, providing input on legal matters involving short and long-term strategic importance.
- 7+ years of experience in corporate/commercial law dealing with a range of transactions.
- LLB or JD degree and member in good standing of the Law Society of B.C.
- In-house legal experience is an asset but not required.
- Corporate governance and corporate secretarial experience an asset
- Employment law experience an asset.
- Experienced in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financings an asset.
- Agriculture or soil carbon experience an asset.
- Intellectual property and background in technology an asset.
- Technical background/knowledge in Agriculture, Science, Engineering, or Environmentalism is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, a proactive outlook, and the ability to work in a team-based environment on a broad range of business law matters.
- Proven ability to comfortably operate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while successfully managing multiple, concurrent files and priorities and delivering on commitments.
- Solid business acumen; ability to negotiate, create and structure win/win transactions and think tactically to get to the best result for all parties.
- Maturity – provides a good balance of risk taking and judgement, is confident, able to operate independently.
- High standards – holds self and team to high standards of performance; demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Highly energetic personality – a motivator and demonstrates a high degree of passion and energy with a positive outlook.
- Professionalism – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Shows initiative, creativity, curiosity, learning-oriented mindset, and collaborative style.
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive working environment.
- Driven and motivated to do good work and leave the world a better place.
- This position is remote.
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a globally-recognized cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance and Soil Carbon quantification technologies and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80%, increasing global farm productivity by 20%, and increasing soil organic carbon by 100% by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include state-of-art research labs, robotics workshop, greenhouse and farm, and has 250+ patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.