Lead Software Engineer (Emerging Technology)
TruliooVancouver, BC19 days ago
Join an established, scaling and award-winning team at Trulioo (Truly-you)! Recognized as a “CNBC Disruptor 50 Company”, named by BC Tech Association as “Emerging Company of the Year” and KNOW Identity’s “Industry Leader of the Year!” Hear from the Trulioo Technology team about advancing your career by clicking here!
We are a Silicon Valley-funded tech company solving the problems of trust and safety online. To realize that goal we’ve built the world’s leading identity verification platform, enabling instant verification of 5 billion people and 250 million businesses in more than 100 countries through a single API. Hundreds of businesses worldwide depend on Trulioo to help streamline and scale their customer onboarding, fraud prevention, and compliance operations across the world. With offices in Vancouver, San Francisco, and Dublin, we’ve fostered a world-class team committed to building trust online. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
To continue to fuel our growth, we are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join as a key contributor to our Emerging Technology engineering team. Trulioo’s Emerging Technology team is responsible for driving new revenue-generating business lines. You will be responsible for creating new user experiences and helping us become the most developer-friendly fintech company in the world. This role will report into the Senior Software Engineering Manager. This is a full-time position located in our Vancouver HQ.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applying cutting edge technologies to modern cloud application development
- Collaborating with UX and Product Management to craft customer-focused solutions and forward-looking product strategy
- Managing a team of high performance software engineers to architect, design and deliver new products and user experiences
- Working closely with senior technical leadership to keep the technology competitive and up-to-date
- Owning a product release from discovery to deployment
- A proven problem solver who loves to learn and apply the latest technologies
- A core contributor who builds clean, performant systems
- A mentor who brings out the best in their team and helps them grow
- The ability formulate a plan and execute it with minimum supervision
- A philosophy of agile software development and DevOps principles
Education and Experience:
- BSc degree in computer science, engineering or other STEM field, or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
It’s a bonus if you have...
- Experience with AWS, Serverless, Microservice architectures, and other modern application paradigms
- A customer first mindset
Working at Trulioo
A great place to work! Trulioo offers a fast-paced, dynamic, inclusive work environment where all employees have an impact. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop.
At Trulioo, we offer you the opportunity to make a difference and create a better world by revolutionizing how technology, trust, and identity intersect online. We are on a mission to make sure no one is left behind and everyone has the opportunity to participate fully in the modern digital economy.
And, of course there are a few perks you’ll love! We offer free snacks, unlimited coffee and catered lunches twice a week! We host various sports & wellness activities and encourage friendly, but moreso competitive games of ping-pong and foosball. Other things to sweeten the deal include social events, monthly birthday celebrations, lunch and learns, building gym facility, free bike lockers, and our downtown Vancouver office, conveniently located within walking distance to transit, spectacular waterfront views and some of the city’s best restaurants to satisfy your cravings.
Trulioo offers competitive compensation and an extended benefits package including dental, vacation and learning opportunities and programs. We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where everyone can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Trulioo is a growing company and while we thank everyone in advance for considering us, only those who are being considered will be contacted. For this position, you need to be legally authorized to work in Canada. We collect your full name, email address, phone number, and home address for the purpose of reviewing your application and establishing a possible employment relationship with you.