At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 450+ team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is currently looking for a Lead Service Delivery Manager (SDM). The purpose of this role is to provide operational oversight, project management, and leadership for the delivery of services in BC in order to drive operational and service excellence, consistency and clarity, and advance business objectives.
The Lead SDM will assign and direct all work performed and supervise all areas of the operations as it relates to the delivery of services. The Lead SDM will manage staff, foster a positive environment, and ensure customer satisfaction while managing the delivery of Services to our customers. The Lead SDM will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and work with sales and other delivery groups to ensure targets are achieved. The Lead SDM will also be responsible for leading various projects in relation to service delivery.
This is an ideal position for an individual with an IT background who is looking for a role that incorporates project management, leadership, and client relationship management aspects, while still working closely with technology.
Service Delivery Management
- Manage a team of Service Delivery Managers, coordinators and junior project managers
- Assist in the recruitment, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of service delivery for specific clients
- Coordinate schedules and resources, liaising between clients and Microserve Service Delivery teams
- Perform ongoing service level management and reporting, monitoring all service activity, and keeping track of both continuous improvement opportunities and issues that are identified and brought forward
- Provide management for all end user support services, including depot and onsite support services for desktop, laptop, and printer technologies, managing IMAC activities and desktop/printer refresh projects
- Monitor Technical Services engagements on an ongoing basis and escalate any issues to the Director of Technical Services and/or Client/Account Managers
- Document policy and procedures to support on-going operations.
- Hurdles including conflicting interests, political biases, and resistance to organizational change to ensure win-win solutions.
- Manage the Profit and Loss reporting for projects and services engagements
- Work closely with Technical Services Team to make sure that time tracking, and invoicing remains current and up to date
- Manage and monitor all aspects of service delivery, including ongoing operational support as well as project-based services
- Support sales team in the successful positioning, sale and delivery of IT services and related solutions
- Identify and coordinate resource requirements for potential engagements to allow for the proactive planning and/or procurement of resources
- Monitor assigned services engagements, ensuring appropriate communication and reporting, and escalating any issues appropriately to management or client staff
- Manage engagement schedules and commitments; determine resource availability and coordinate manpower, materials, and equipment ensuring workflow and resources are well planned and coordinated
- Monitor field work activities, respond to and resolve issues or problems that arise in the field, ensure contract obligations are met, and ensure quality of work performed meets requirements
- Manage and mentor technical team members to ensure successful completion of projects
- Arrange for required training for Technical Services team as necessary to acquire and maintain vendor certifications
- Expedite initial analysis for various customer requests, business requirements analysis, cost estimate
- Preparation, solutions design and development, and quality assurance of the development process
- Produce project plans and schedules required for the successful delivery of project;
- Work with vendors and customers defining project requirements;
- Gathering and analysis, and familiar with all phases of the system development lifecycle;
- Manage the day to day operations of project team both virtually and via team meetings;
- Collaborate with technical resources, business subject matter experts to establish the technical performance needs;
- Guide the successful achievement of the objectives, in collaboration with the other members of the leadership team;
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies and procedures through identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Manage the profitability of projects
Client Relationship Management
- Address customer satisfaction issues promptly
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Attending meetings with clients to build relationships with existing accounts.
- Achieving client relationship targets and KPI’s
- Working closely with Account Managers and sales representatives
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
- Initiate and participate in Rout Cause analysis and dispute resolution
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's in science or Administration or a combination of experience is considered an asset
- 2-5+ years of experience working in the IT industry, including experience of successfully managing the delivery of IT services
- 2+ years of experience in managing projects
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure related technologies and projects
- Relevant post-secondary education, preferably in business or IT
- Experience leading teams
- ITIL foundations or other related certifications would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated skills and experience in IT project management is required, including any practical experience, related education and certification
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Visio and Project
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and handle many different concurrent tasks to ensure all projects are completed on time
- Strong analytical, planning, and budgeting skills
- PMP certification or working towards certification is considered an asset
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check