Lead Festival Streaming Technician
Vancouver International Film FestivalVancouver, BC20 days ago
Job Title: Lead Festival Streaming Technician
Reports to: Creative Engagement Producer
Duration: Temporary Full-time / July 19 – October 15, 2021
Location: VIFF Centre, Remote
Scope: VIFF Festival 2021
Remuneration: $16,800 Contract
The Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society is a not-for-profit cultural organization that operates the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) and the Vancity Theatre, located in the VIFF Centre. We produce screenings, talks and events as a catalyst for a diverse community to discover, discuss and share the creativity and craft of storytelling on screen.
The Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society is dedicated to accessible employment practices and committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of our community and encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person. Please feel free to advise us of any accommodation needs. Along with an ambitious virtual showcase of world cinema, the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) is committed to offering a complete hybrid film festival experience and will feature stream live and pre-recorded events, panel discussions and interviews.
Reporting to the Creative Engagement Producer and working closely with the Program Logistics Manager, the Lead Festival Technician will lead the development and operation of the technical preparation and execution of the festival’s pre-recorded, live, and streaming content.
• Experience working on deadline-driven projects an asset.
• Previous experience with audio/video production/editing and management required.
• Knowledge of the live video streaming software Wirecast.
• General knowledge of streaming systems and technologies.
• Knowledge of the Zoom videoconference software.
• A strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop a plus.
• Familiarity with digital productivity tools: Asana, Slack, Dropbox, Office 360.
• A strong project manager, communicator, and receptive to feedback and direction.
• Able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure, independently with minimal supervision and in collaboration with VIFF team.
• Ability to manage priorities and operate live event configurations.
• Able to work flexible hours remotely as required, including some evenings and weekends.
• Liaise with Program Logistic Manager and Creative Engagement Team on production schedules and booking requests for all recordings and tests.
• Prepare and test all VIFF production equipment and tools based on the recommendations of the Technical Director to ensure all aspects are in working order.
• Collect, prepare, and test all audio-visual content (graphics, video clips, etc.) to be shown during the recordings.
• Assist in hiring technical staff for festival contracts.
• Execute each live stream and pre-taped event as outlined in run-of-show.
• Provide logistical support for guests, curators, and production staff.
• Manage a digital workflow for all files with video editor and producers.
• Ensure all files are properly archived.
• Identify, research, and resolve technical issues.
• Report issues and suggest process improvements to the Creative Engagement Producer.
Deadline for application is July 19, 2021
How to apply: Please submit a current CV, along with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “HIRING LEAD FESTIVAL STREAMING TECHNICIAN” in the subject line of the email. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those requested for an interview will be contacted due to the volume of applications anticipated. No phone calls, please.