East Side GamesVancouver, BC2 months ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A LEAD ARTIST HAVE AT ESG
IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY AT EAST SIDE GAMES! East Side Games is looking for a Lead Artist to manage all art production for our fun and exciting mobile game, “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – the Gang Goes Mobile”. If you are a huge fan of the series and enjoy making hilarious content – this job is for you! This position is also ideal for any candidate who thrives working independently on a small team. You are also someone who is excited to represent this treasured IP and do all you can to give our fans the best experience possible!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with the studio Art Director to preserve the artistic direction and visual identity of the brand.
- Manage asset production across the entire art pipeline, including implementation and testing in Unity.
- Manage outsourcing resources as needed, both locally and internationally.
- Manage the asset approval process with our partners at Disney and FX.
- Collaborate with fellow team members and discipline Leads to develop new content or features.
- Research, analyze, and report on trends in the Mobile game industry so we can provide the best user experience possible.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Working knowledge of Unity is essential. Bonus points for Spine!
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Animate or Illustrator)
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Game Development, or related industries.
- Prior experience managing and mentoring a team.
- A portfolio of polished work that showcases vector examples, 2D/3D character animation, and concept work that demonstrates your iterative approach to development.
- Strategic time management skills and a commitment to executing tasks to completion.
- Accessible communication skills, both written and orally.
- Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- A mobile game fanatic. You are on top of the latest games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE. BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!