Lab Coordinator & Manufacturing Technician
Ideon Technologies Inc.Richmond, BC20 days ago
Lab Coordinator & Manufacturing Technician
Ideon Technologies Inc. (www.ideon.ai) is transforming subsurface discovery. Based in Richmond, BC, on the beautiful west coast of Canada, we are a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km beneath the Earth’s surface. We capture, measure, and transform muon data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps that help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. As a result, they drill less and discover more – reducing cost and risk, saving time, and minimizing environmental impact – ultimately accelerating the world’s transition to low-impact mining.
We are seeking a new teammate to join us in our manufacturing and assembly lab – someone who can help build and coordinate production of our advanced subsurface imaging detectors. In this role, you will be responsible for organizing and maintaining our lab space while also applying your assembly expertise and personal care to the production of our patented high-tech devices.
As Lab Coordinator & Manufacturing Technician, you will play a critical role for Ideon Technologies in upholding our high technical standards while directly enabling customer success.
Your day-to-day activities will include the following:
- Collaborating with a team of physicists, engineers, and technologists on the production of advanced imaging equipment.
- Building/assembling and troubleshooting imaging detector components using various measurement and testing equipment.
- Leading lab layout and organization, cleanliness, safety, and inventory systems, always helping drive continuous improvement into our operations.
- Supporting equipment specification, parts sourcing, shipping, and workflow processes.
- Conducting quality checks and in-process inspections on parts and assemblies.
You are a detailed and organized person by nature, have excellent hand-eye coordination, and take pride in a job well done – especially when it involves complex components or intricate assembly. Ideally, you bring the following combination of credentials, skills, and attributes:
- Technical training and/or diploma in a field, such as robotics, mechatronics, electronics or similar.
- Experience working in a small-scale lab or prototyping environment, or doing careful assembly involving small components.
- Experience using and properly caring for a variety of hand tools, measurement devices, and operating equipment.
- Able to read and interpret technical documents such as dimensional drawings, measurement data, and work instructions.
- Experience managing a dynamic inventory of parts.
- Eager to learn, collaborate, and tackle new challenges.
- Reliable and motivated, capable of working to a defined schedule.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; proficient with common workplace software.
- Able to embrace a constructive team environment, where members communicate openly about how to improve systems and processes.
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver) and does not involve remote work.
What We Offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle accelerator laboratory) at one of the most exciting moments in its journey to commercialization. You will be working together with company founders and technical experts to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We are also committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, however they happen to be packaged.
What It’s Like Here
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. The Ideon culture is anchored in a set of core values that directly shape how we hire, coach, evaluate, and develop our people:
Driven by industry, informed by science
We solve industry problems with scientific rigour: listening carefully, analyzing the data, and developing solutions that our clients – and the planet – cannot live without.
Inspired to create, wired to deliver
It takes big thinking and bold moves to blaze a new trail. We’re all-in, moving with urgency, exploring possibilities, learning from failure and executing masterfully.
Unified team, personally accountable
We have each other’s backs, deliver on our promises, and operate with integrity. Our success relies on everyone putting ego aside, respecting our differences, and owning the outcome.
Fierce competitors, great humans
We’re in this business to win and make no apologies for that. But that doesn’t mean we compromise on wellness, respect, fairness, fun, or just plain doing the right thing.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to Kim Lawrence at email@example.com, including the job title ‘Lab Coordinator & Manufacturing Technician’ in the subject line.