About Delta Controls Inc.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
The Junior Hardware Designer role is a steppingstone to becoming a fully competent Hardware Designer
This role is expected to work closely with Senior Hardware Designers to test, verify and troubleshoot new hardware designs, suggest design changes and improvements. In addition, the Jr Hardware Designer will have the opportunity to work on sustaining engineering designs such as cost reduction and design for manufacturability improvements to existing products
Duties and Responsibilities
The Junior Hardware Designer will:
- Produce and carry out test plans for hardware design verification of new products designs
- Produce and maintain test procedures for hardware design verification
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues found during hardware deign verification
Research and Design
- Engage in technology research projects to investigate new technologies and how they could be relevant to next generation projects
- Engage in sustaining engineering projects such as:
- Product design changes due to supply chain
- Product design changes for design for manufacturability improvements
- Produce detailed documentation for product design verification test results
- On time completion of Hardware Design Verification tasks
- Contribution to Sustaining Engineering projects
- Contribution to Research and Technology Development projects
- Contribution to Design Reviews
- Contribution to Cost Reduction and Maintenance projects
- Continuing Education and Training Hours
Required or Strongly Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience in using electrical design test equipment (Oscilloscope, DMM, Spectrum Analyzer)
- Understanding of analog and digital circuit design
- Understanding of printed circuit board design
- Able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with EDA software (Altium Designer experience preferred)
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 4-year degree in electronics or similar or 2-year technology diploma plus 1 year of electronics experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in electrical hardware troubleshooting (preferred)