IT Help Desk Support
BenchVancouver, BC3 months ago
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 10,000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What does the IT department look like?
By joining the IT team, you will serve as the first point of contact for technical assistance.
You’ll be resolving and triaging Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets (25-30/day) via Service Desk, email, and remote desktop assistance. You will be responsible for troubleshooting computer hardware, software, and network systems, guiding end-users through corrective steps, escalating problems to Tier 2 support, tracking the status and resolution of tickets, the installation of computer hardware and software on client workstations, identifying, proposing, and implementing opportunities for improving support systems, and analyzing and reporting trends in ticketing while meeting service level expectations in response time and quality of service.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Serve as the first point of contact for technical support. Resolving Tier 1 tickets and triaging Tier 2 tickets
- Administrating multi-tenant SaaS Applications
- Troubleshooting a fleet of Mac hardware and software.
- Train and support onboarding employees in the use of technology, technical solutions appropriate to our operations.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation of systems configurations and processes.
- Adhere to IT policies ensuring data and system security and the proper use of IT equipment and services are maintained.
- Assist with maintaining inventory records of hardware.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Basic understanding of the macOS and iOS architecture
- Basic understanding of networking technologies
- Ability to determine root-causes and apply critical thinking to complex user requests in order to deliver the best possible solution.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs, infrastructure and evolving business processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to support others in a team environment and provide strong documentation
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
It could be an even better fit if you:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in end-user support
- A minimum of 1 year customer service experience
- Excited about learning and supporting new technologies.
Extra bonus points if you:
- Have experience in identifying, logging and resolving technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Experience with SSO service
- Knowledge of Google Workspace
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- Once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's dog-friendly, close to lots of great restaurants, and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.