Intermediate Java Developer
Global RelayVancouver, BC9 days ago
As an Intermediate Java Developer at Global Relay, you’ll be using leading edge technologies to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of Java technology.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Java developers in Vancouver and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in around here.
- Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
- Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
The Tech Stack:
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, ZooKeeper)
- In Memory Data Grids (Terracotta)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- CQRS frameworks (Axon)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of Java developer experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with dependency injection containers
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.