Title: Intermediate Hardware Design Verification Analyst
Job number: 000586
Company: Delta Controls
Area: QA Hardware
Delta Controls is looking for a Intermediate Hardware Design Verification Analyst that extensively tests and evaluates all Delta Controls
Work location: Remote work is not available for this position.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creation and maintenance of QAHW test plans for the validation of new products.
- Creation and maintenance of product-specific and generic QAHW test cases.
- Ensuring all quality checklists, procedures, and requirements are adhered to for all assignments.
- Creating associated script files and test programs to exercise hardware during testing.
- Designing and building any setups necessary to facilitate product testing.
- Execute hands-on testing on Delta Control products.
- Documenting all test results and findings.
- Providing relevant feedback to members of the project team
- Participating in and assisting with the scheduling of necessary resources for product testing
- Providing training and guidance to other members of the QAHW team.
- Working with the Compliance Engineer to schedule, arrange, and execute testing at external laboratories for UL, CE, and other regulatory bodies.
- Participating in product failure investigations and Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations
- To report problems found with product and make recommendations for improvement.
- To revise test procedures in the course of their duties.
- Thorough knowledge of testing methods, and test equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, power supplies, protocol analyzers.
- Solid knowledge of analog and digital electronics theory, electronic components, and micro-controllers.
- Good understanding of EMC compliance testing.
- Well-developed troubleshooting and solution-finding skills.
- Ability to follow documented guidelines or verbal direction to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to effectively manage priorities and tasks.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Customer-centric approach to tasks.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality.
Main skills required:
- Successful completion of a robotics, telecom, or other applicable electronics diploma educational program.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in testing electronic products, preferably in an R&D environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail-oriented and systematic.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with C, C++, Python, BASIC, or other similar programming languages
- Willingness to learn about both hardware and software.
Years of relevant experience required: 2 years
Education required: Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employer paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness center
- Company paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.