Inclusion & Diversity Specialist
WildBrainVancouver, BC15 days ago
Find a job that let’s your imagination run wild!
WildBrain is made up of a team of innovators and creators who bring industry-leading kids’ content and brands to families globally. We inspire imagination, put creativity first, and believe in the power of storytelling. We are constantly connecting the powers of our global team, making WildBrain a collaborative, openminded and passionate environment to work in.
To work at WildBrain means you get to create stories that lets imaginations run wild. Join our team today to become part of the story!
WildBrain Studios is looking for an Inclusion & Diversity Specialist to join our Talent team! Reporting to the VP of Talent for WB Studios, you will help drive the Belonging @WildBrain strategy with focus on the areas of Talent Acquisition and employee life cycle
This role is set to begin immediately.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We’d love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Work with Talent teams to review Talent processes (recruitment, onboarding, compensation, etc.) with a goal of improving consistency, enhancing the employee/candidate experience with an eye to Diversity, and reducing implicit biases.
- Revitalize onboarding process with a focus on inclusivity, consistency, and support.
- Work with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers on outreach efforts to establish relationships and build pipelines with associations/partners focused on highlighting underrepresented talent.
- Provide ongoing education and training with regards to inclusive hiring, onboarding, development and wellness resources.
- Source, review, and recommend D&I related learning resources for employees.
- Coordinate and execute on Studio D&I calendar of events for recognition and celebration .
- Works with Diversity & Inclusion Committee to support ongoing efforts
- Works in collaboration with internal communications to market wellness tools and events.
- Works with Talent team to plan, launch and act as program manager for ongoing D&I initiatives.
- Collects employee feedback to enhance program experience. Champions an inclusive approach to wellness; identifies a variety of resources, and experts to further develop WildBrain wellness offerings.
- A passion for building exceptional candidate and employee experiences.
- A combined five (5) years experience within a human resources discipline.
- A track record managing projects from concept to execution.
- Previous experience within inclusion, diversity or employee health considered a strong asset.
- Proven ability to build trust, and work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and Human Resource Systems.
- The courage to be creative, and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- A strong commitment to research, and learning.
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off