Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Global RelayVancouver, BC9 days ago
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be part of a small, highly focused team responsible for delivery of highly scalable and robust services within Global Relay’s platform. You will work directly in code to design testing solutions for web applications and API services of a large scale system. You will drive continual improvement in your team’s automation frameworks and coverage while mentoring other SDETs in the team on industry leading test practices. You will support the team’s testing efforts to ensure quality of coverage, quality of code and quality of delivery.
- Design, develop and maintain automation frameworks, infrastructure and tools
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Provide suggestions to improve automation and test processes
- Develop and maintain shared testing libraries
- Provide training, mentorship and support to other members on the team
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software testing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in test development.
- Strong understanding of Java, C# or Python languages.
- Strong understanding of testing practices in an agile environment.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, MSTest or pytest
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Testing backend systems or APIs
- Testing web applications with Selenium WebDriver
- Testing performance with JMeter or similar tools
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka or SQL
- Network principles and protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.