HR Operations Specialist
FISPANVancouver, BC15 days ago
FISPAN is a FinTech start-up founded in 2016 and based in Vancouver. Our contextual business banking platform is allowing Global Tier 1 banks including JP Morgan Chase, to offer bank-branded and embedded commercial banking applications. FISPAN provides instant scale and reach for banks who want to remove friction and add value by enabling their commercial banking clients to access banking services through their operational software of choice.
As an HR Operations Specialist at FISPAN, you will be responsible for executing on all HR transactions and administration, supporting the HR team, across all HR services. You will be working very closely with the HR Manager to hone the HR mechanisms with a strong focus on talent acquisition. With your critical thinking skills and attention to detail, you will have new and creative ways to attract and retain top talent.
How your day at work would look like
- Monitor internal HR systems
- Design and implement company policies
- Perform HR systems operations functions that support the HR group in the delivery of its People strategy
- Collaborate with HR, technology, and business departments on projects to improve the delivery of HR services and enhance employees’ experience at FISPAN
- Build a pipeline of strong, diverse candidates (both active and passive) across various technical and non-technical roles in multiple departments (including engineering, operation and business) and develop scalable closing strategies
- Work collaboratively with our team leads and senior management at the strategic and tactical levels to fulfill current and upcoming recruitment needs
- Execute on the full-cycle recruitment process, including: writing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, screening resumes, phone interviewing, coordinating assignment reviews, scheduling and conducting interviews, and delivering offers
- Attend recruiting events to represent FISPAN and help raise our profile as Canada’s Top Employers.
- Participate in a number of other recruitment-related projects and initiatives, including suggesting process improvements, fine-tuning interviewing techniques, giving feedback to hiring managers, and establishing how to develop internal sources of talent
- Ownership of targets and monitor key HR metrics
* This is a flavour but not a guarantee on what you will be doing. We are a fast-growing startup, and projects can change very quickly.
What you need
- B.Comm Graduate (human resources concentration is an asset)
- Have 1+ years of relevant HR experience
- Passionate about (enterprise) technology
- Experience using data management tools like Excel and Google Sheets
- Be adaptable
- Organizational skills are key to succeed in this role
- Excellent communication skills
- Be an easy to get along with individual (you’ll be working with a lot of different types of people)
Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver in the Marine Building, FISPAN employees have access to state of the art amenities, weekly team lunches, and daily coffee runs, all along the scenic shores of Coal Harbour. We are on a mission to fundamentally change the way that companies bank while building Vancouver’s next anchor company. We believe in uniting dynamic and passionate individuals in one place to create the best product in the FinTech industry.
FISPAN is on a mission to become the best place to explore, start, and grow a career for everyone. We are committed to building a workplace that recognizes, respects and elevates all individuals. We recognize that the differences in each of us is what makes FISPAN a different kind of business.