Ideon Technologies Inc. (www.ideon.ai) is transforming subsurface discovery. Based in Richmond, BC, on the beautiful west coast of Canada, we are a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km beneath the Earth’s surface. We capture, measure, and transform muon data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps that help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. As a result, they drill less and discover more – reducing cost and risk, saving time, and minimizing environmental impact – ultimately accelerating the world’s transition to low-impact mining.
We are seeking a geologist/geophysicist to assist Ideon in modelling, analyzing, and interpreting mineral exploration applications of our advanced subsurface discovery platform. Reporting to the CTO, the geologist/geophysicist plays a direct role in bringing client projects to fruition, reflecting customer goals in modeling and survey design; conducting data processing, analysis, and interpretation; and ultimately delivering impactful customer outcomes.
Specifically, the role requires:
- Running geophysical survey design and simulation modeling for prospective customers.
- Assessing data usability.
- Performing geophysical analysis.
- Interpreting results, reporting, and visualizing outcomes effectively.
- Applying geological knowledge and expertise to projects and proposals.
- Assessing feasibility of technology application to as-yet-unstudied use-cases and deposits.
- Refining and/or applying standard operating procedures for data management, processing, analysis, storage and reporting.
- Administrative duties as required.
Your knowledge of a broad range of geophysics techniques, geology, and mineral exploration challenges will be key to articulating the value advantage of muon tomography to clients and understanding how to deploy it most effectively. You are equally comfortable interacting with technical teams as you are with end users of the advanced subsurface intelligence Ideon provides.
Your credentials and experience include:
- Education: a science, math, or engineering degree in geology or geophysics. P.Geo. required.
- Geology: broad experience with geological modelling and knowledge of various deposit models, interpretation of geology and mineralization, and a background in either mining production or exploration. You have a good understanding of many different mineral deposits, and how to best use different geophysical methods to study them.
- Geophysics: experience developing geophysical surveysand analyzing field data. You should have a strong understanding of geophysical methods and at least a basic understanding of how inversions of multiple types of geophysical data work. You should also be comfortable working with common technical software in the geophysics domain.
- Coding: Python (intermediate, 2-3 years’ experience) or similar experience with Matlab or other language (Fortran, C/C++)
- Personable style with strong communication and presentation skills.
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver).
What We Offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle physics laboratory) on its journey to commercialization. You will be working together with company founders and technical experts to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We are also committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, however they happen to be packaged.
What It’s Like Here
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. The Ideon culture is anchored in a set of core values that directly shape how we hire, coach, evaluate, and develop our people:
Driven by industry, informed by science
We solve industry problems with scientific rigour: listening carefully, analyzing the data, and developing solutions that our clients – and the planet – cannot live without.
Inspired to create, wired to deliver
We’re imaginative, creating new possibilities and embracing the diversity of thought and experience within our team to move with urgency, learn from our failures, and execute masterfully.
Unified team, personally accountable
We have each other’s backs and operate with integrity, respect, and empathy. Success depends on leaving egos at the door, celebrating our differences, delivering promises, and owning the outcome together.
Boldly ambitious, exceptionally human.
We think big and have the courage to blaze new trails. We’re in this business to win, but that doesn’t mean we compromise on doing the right thing for our people, our clients, and our world.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to email@example.com (attn: Kim Lawrence), including the job title ‘Geologist/Geophysicist’ in the subject line.