At Pixieset, our vision is to become the household name for photographers. We are a growing team that is passionate about crafting beautiful, simple, end-to-end software solutions that meet the needs of modern photographers - one in which the entirety of their working life is empowered and streamlined by Pixieset.
Pixieset is ranked #8 in the most recent 2019 Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. In 2017, Pixieset was listed #18 on the STARTUP 50 ranking of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our careers page here: https://pixieset.com/careers/
We're looking for multiple Full Stack Developers to assist with the development and growth of the Pixieset product. You will be working behind-the-scenes with other talented engineers to create great products for over 500,000 professional photographers from around the world. As a Full Stack Developer, you will take ownership of entire features or product initiatives, taking them from concept to production release to long term support. You are responsible for writing bug-free, scalable code and shipping high quality software.
On any given day, you might be doing:
- Help improve and maintain the Pixieset product and systems infrastructure
- Collaborating with other engineers across the entire stack
- Deliver everything from tiny front-end UX improvements, to broad structural changes spanning multiple codebases
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements
- Research and integrate new technologies to drive our development process forward
There are some perks working at Pixieset as well! Full-time engineers enjoy the following:
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks of vacation to help you unplug and recharge
- Health, dental and vision benefits for you to stay on top of your health
- Education budget to help you learn and grow
- Additional wellness stipend to support your physical and mental well-being
- Macbook and any tools you need to help you be at your best
- Home office setup stipend to create an enjoyable work environment
- Charitable donation matching
- Fun team building activities and events
- Beer Hour Fridays
We are looking for Intermediate developers who can pick up any technology quickly and is comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases. Ideally you have:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building custom web applications (beyond CMS platforms like Wordpress/Drupal)
- PHP experience - Yii, Laravel and/or Symfony
- Experience with MySQL (or other RDBMS) and Redis
- Solid understanding of web technologies including HTTP, RESTful services, and cloud platforms such as AWS
- Familiar with basic data structure and algorithms
If some of this is new to you, it's okay - we are looking for quick learners! The ideal candidate is also highly self-motivated, has a strong sense of product design and loves working with technology. If this sounds like the right fit and you are excited about working in a small and growing team, get in touch with us!
The Pixieset team is currently working remotely due to provincial guidelines surrounding COVID-19. We will continue to evaluate the possibility of going back to in-office work in the coming months. Given the uncertainty around the situation, applicants should be prepared to work remotely for an extended period of time. Remote candidates must have work authorization in Canada.
While cover letters are not required to apply for this role, we encourage you to add one to your application - we’d love to read about why you’re interested, what achievements you’re proud of and what makes you the right person for the role! We would also like to thank you in advance for applying. Because we receive an overwhelming number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Pixieset, being committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of the keys to our success. We believe that talent is talent, and that having many different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences makes for a stronger team.