We’re a highly skilled team of software engineers who are building an awesome product and moving fast. We value people who take initiatives, and empower everyone at Klue to make a real change in the product or processes.
We are looking for Frontend Engineers to work with our team to deliver high quality products in the most efficient way.
Q: Klue who?
A: We’re Klue and from a technical perspective, Klue’s mission is to descale huge amounts of data to the human level, so people can process it and make use of it. Klue is that trusted intermediary, right now it’s proven for sales enablement, but tomorrow it’s all teams enablement.
Q: What level of experience are we looking for?
A: Intermediate - Senior
Right now, we are looking for intermediate and senior level Frontend Engineers.
Q: What is our development team working on?
A: Working in cross-functional teams with other disciplines, our Frontend Engineers are primarily focused on the technical design, implementation, and testing of features in Klue.
Here are a few things the team is currently working on:
A new frontend architecture – rebuilding on a more scalable foundation.
A design system – formalizing our dev+UX standards and guidelines for a more scalable user experience.
Better documentation – improving our documentation for a more scalable team.
Q: What is our current tech stack?
A: TypeScript, React, Storybook, Jest, Cypress, Ruby (Rails), Github, Chromatic, CircleCI
We code review all changes, continuously integrate, pay down technical debt, and aim for high automated test coverage. We believe in using whatever tools make sense to get the job done and support our game-changing innovation.
Q: Are you REMOTE FRIENDLY 🤩 ?
A: YES! Our hub is in Vancouver, BC, but we currently have team members across Canada and other countries.
Q: What skills do you bring?
- Intermediate to senior experience developing, deploying, and maintaining responsive, single page apps.
- Intermediate to senior experience debugging, optimizing, and testing (unit/regression/cross-browser) responsive, single page apps.
- Experience with SOA and REST APIs
Q: What motivates our current team right now?
- The type of work. Challenging, stimulating and meaningful work. New and relevant tech stack. We know engineers/developers especially want to work on hard technical and innovative problems.
- The inspiration from skilled and proven leaders.
- Entrepreneurial fingerprints on what will be a future billion dollar company anchored in Canada.
- Culture, team, and the work environment.
- High degree of autonomy and accountability.
- High degrees of transparency and high quality communication.
Q: What are the people at Klue like?
- Intellectually Curious
- Objective Oriented
- Check us out!
Q: What about total compensation & benefits?
- We gather compensation benchmarking data across BC and Canada’s Tech Industry, and use that data to build a range for our current team and future talent based on skill, capabilities and potential.
- These positions can range from $85,000-$140,000 CDN based on level of experience, skill, and capacities. So there is always continued conversation around compensation.
- Benefits. We currently have extended health benefits.
- Vacation. Unlimited Vacation. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. We want to also give individuals autonomy to choose how and when they take vacation. We understand and respect that everyone’s needs for time off are different, just like our team. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, keeping a work-life balance. just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. In practice we usually see our teams take anywhere from 2-4 weeks a year, and Klue always takes a reasonable approach so we can all continue to benefit from flexibility.
- Work-life integration: Hybrid work model, flexible working schedules, and a global team.
If you’re hooked and feeling more curious about us, or the role - reach out. Let’s see if there is a great home here with you, now or in the future.
We’re an award winning company, recently named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone HC, included on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 list, and winning Tech Culture of the Year at the Technology Impact Awards. We think there is something pretty special going on here. Don’t miss your chance to have a seat on the rocketship before it takes off. 🚀
As #kluecrew grows, we’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. While we’ll admit we haven’t figured it all out and realize this is a long journey for us all. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We will continue, while safe to work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We are excited to work together again in a space, but just as excited to have great people across timezones help us strive for that high quality asynchronous team communication.