Front End Engineer
Social NatureVancouver, BC15d ago
Do you want to make a positive impact by building an online marketplace that drives more sustainable consumption and production patterns?
Join a venture back start-up that has recently been recognized with a high-performance culture award, and is helping more consumers and retailers make the switch to better-for-you products.
At Social Nature, we love growing demand for more healthy and sustainable products. Over half a million people have signed up to Social Nature to discover tried and tested products that are better for them and the planet. Consumer packaged goods brands tap into our community to test new products and generate advanced consumer insights. Retailers use our data to make decisions on what new healthy products to stock on their shelves. To date, we've raised $2.7M from investors like the co-founder of Shopify, the co-founder of VEGA, and Pomme Natural Market.
What You’ll Be Doing
As our Frontend Engineer, you will build user and customer-facing applications for our platform. Not only will you see your work having a direct impact on driving more sustainable consumption and production patterns, but you will also be a key player in the continued growth of a tech company that is disrupting the consumer packaged goods industry.
You will work closely with the Director of Engineering, Director of Product Management, 2 full-stack engineers (with more of a back-end focus), and our product designer. We’re a 20 person (and growing!) team at a critical high-growth stage. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility, learn more here than anywhere else, and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
If you thrive at the intersection of passion, purpose, performance we want to hear from you!
- You know frontend frameworks, ideally React
- Experience with Gatsby, Redux, GraphQL, Styled Components, Webpack, TypeScript is an asset
- You've developed high traffic user-facing responsive sites, single-page apps, and SaaS products
- You've worked in agile, iterative development, can estimate scope & prioritize
- You debug, optimize unit/regression/cross-browser test your work
- You're an independent problem solver, you dig deep to come up with creative solutions, and have comfort with ambiguity and the startup pace
- You have a growth mindset and are driven to always improve your craft
- You pay close attention to detail and take initiative to continuously improve outcomes
- You've been recognized as a strong team player and are seeking an early-stage opportunity where you can use your skills to have a big impact
Why You Should Work with Us
- Join a forward-thinking company on a mission to help bring more natural/organic products onto grocery shelves and into people's cupboards. learn more about our mission and culture here.
- HUGE opportunity for career growth! We’re a 20 person (and growing!) funded start-up at a critical high-growth stage. Your opinions count, your ideas can be actioned quickly, and you're a key player in our success.
- Compensation package includes a competitive base salary, generous employee stock options, 3 weeks paid vacation plus a winter holiday flex week, and comprehensive health/dental benefits including a $1,000 annual wellness spending account (gym pass, running shoes, bike etc).
- Development environment freedom, we are fully cross-platform and embrace open-source. Choose your weapon – are you a PC or a Mac?
- Learn more about our team culture, and our founder, who was named Canada’s likeliest future entrepreneur queen.