Financial Controller - SaaS Industry
SkyHiveVancouver, BCa month ago
Do Work That Matters.
SkyHive has a unique opportunity for a finance individual to drive global transformational change, right here in Vancouver, B.C.
Established in 2017 with the mission of tackling global poverty and social inequality, SkyHive aims to utilize its exponential technology to stimulate economic empowerment and lifelong learning; ultimately fostering a stronger, more prepared, and more confident workforce to welcome a brighter tomorrow.
Recognized as a top startup by Forbes, Startup Grind, and C100, SkyHive is growing fast in the technology space and backed by top institutional investors. We invented and commercialized an emerging methodology, Quantum Labour Analysis, which allows us to deliver unprecedented insights into workforces and labour markets for Fortune 500 and government clients across the world.
You are passionate about impacting the world through technology. You possess a “scale-up” mindset, looking to grow as the company grows and shape your career as a trusted advisor in the technology industry. You are known for your exceptional communication, unafraid to challenge the status quo or propose new and sometimes outlandish solutions. You are confident using data to influence decisions. You are organized and detailed, always looking for new opportunities to build and optimize.
About the Role
The technology industry is fast paced - we frequently manage rapid changes, create results under tight deadlines, and work in ambiguity. It’s not the industry for everyone, but professionals who are motivated by growth, impact and life-changing work thrive with us. As Financial Controller, you will be in the driver’s seat of the financial reporting and FP&A functions and become a key business partner. You will provide support and analysis to the management team in order to meet the company’s objectives.
- Forecasting: prepare rolling cashflow forecasts, revenue forecasts, annual budgets, variance analysis, internal management reporting and presentations.
- Financial reporting: responsible for financial reporting (with the support of the Corporate Accountant); month end close, investor reporting, monthly reporting package, year-end and audit.
- Revenue accounting: review new contracts and liaise with project management team; stay current with nuances of accounting for SaaS.
- Financing: lead applications for government assistance programs and grants, support financings and other strategic initiatives e.g. due diligence, assisting legal counsel
- Treasury Management: administer bank accounts, credit facilities, FX management, acts as signing authority and review and approve banking transactions/payments; maintain stock option records and cap table;
- Tax: oversee company tax compliance, tax strategy, transfer pricing policies.
- Team Leadership: Lead, manage and hold accountable the Corporate Accountant; support other department managers as financial advisor
Some perks you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- Three weeks’ paid vacation to start, paid holidays and birthday leave!
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Paid & unpaid volunteer time off
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- Opportunity to get your foot in the door of a fast-growing tech company
- Collaborative team environment
- Professional development assistance program
- Social Impact Organization with Certified B-Corp Status
- Opportunity to explore other departments as training and career continues.
- Beautiful office in A1 location (Views, view, views)
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree with CPA designation
- Minimum of 5 years post-designation experience (at least 3 years in technology industry)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting standards and experience with technical accounting matters (i.e. revenue recognition, share-based compensation, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills and strong systems proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean processes
- Experience managing and leading an accounting [team]
- Experience with modelling cashflows, forecasts etc.
- Experience with a SAAS-based business
But Who Are You Really?
- Flexible: You’re adaptable and comfortable wearing many hats in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Problem solver: You have strong analytical skills with demonstrated initiative and a solution-oriented mindset
- Accountable: You have a demonstrated “no-nonsense” attitude to delivering excellence to customers
- Dependable: You have a strong work ethic, are able to coordinate multiple projects and meet goals in tight timelines
- Detail-oriented: You think critically about challenges & design efficient & effective solutions
- Integrity: You act with diplomacy and keep your commitments to the team, customers, and SkyHive stakeholders
What Can You Expect?
All SkyHivers work extremely hard and are rewarded with truly unique professional experiences. We encourage you to reach out to any SkyHive employee to hear their experiences first-hand. We hold ourselves accountable to helping you reach your career goals in a truly supportive environment. People evolve and so do companies - we reflect this in how we assemble and grow our team.
Interested in learning more? Apply to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter today!