Hi, our name is House of Kibaa
We are a new generation of content creators that are designing for the future. We are merging our expertise in 3D assets and tokenization, blockchain-based NFT tech, and our very own expansive metaverse, Project Origin. We are here to create 3D assets as well as to partner, collaborate, and/or consult with other innovative studios and brands. We are aiming high and want to be the leader for 3D and NFT-based products. We are a diverse global team with an office in Vancouver, and team members around the world.
Hey, we’ve been looking for you
House of Kibaa is looking for an Environment Artist capable of creating high quality environments with a variety of styles, from concept to integration into Unreal Engine while respecting artistic and technical guidelines and supporting the lead environment artist and the art director in management-related tasks. Elevating projects and the HOK brand through creative excellence. You are adaptable to meet the constantly changing demands of a Web3 start-up and resilient to balance multiple projects at once. A balance of strategic, creative and organizational skills will bring you success in this role.
What we need you to do
- Create fully functional and optimized UE5 environments that respect the artistic and technical requirements. (optimized meshes with LODs, PBR materials and optimized textures, optimized lighting ...)
- Support the art director and the lead environment artist in defining the artistic and technical direction of HoK's projects and managing the environment team.
What you have
- Good knowledge of UE5 and real-time environment requirements.(Polycount management, LODs system, trim sheets, light maps and baking ...)
- Modeling concept models following art direction and creating gorgeous concept art.
- Being able to analyze the level of optimization of a UE5 environment to propose and implement improvements to reach pre-defined technical requirements.
- Interest in Unreal Engine 5 and its evolutions
- Mastery of at least one 3D modeling software (3dsMax, Blender ...), one texturing software (Substance, Mixer ...) and one post-production software (photoshop ...)Good sense of teamwork and file management to integrate into a multidisciplinary team (2D artists, devs, tech artists ...) and work with outsourced studios.
- Have worked on one or more VR projects would be ideal but not necessary.
- Effective communication skills, written & verbal, with stakeholders of all levels
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours (including weekends)
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and priorities
- Comfortable receiving constructive feedback and critique
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of crypto, NFTs, and blockchain is a huge plus.
- Without this experience, you’ll need to be a quick learner hungry to dive straight in.
- An adventurous, creative spirit.
- A sense of community/community-minded
- A super kind human.
What to expect
- Hybrid work model out of our office in Vancouver, BC (minimum 2 days in-office).
What you get
- $60,000-$90,000 CAD annually
- 4 weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive extended health benefits plan.
- 10 PTO Days (personal health, family care, and mental health days).
- Flexible scheduling.
Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel or portfolio to be considered.