Entry-Level BenchTax Coordinator
BenchRemote BC, AB and ON4 months ago
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What’s the role of a BenchTax Coordinator?
With BenchTax we will ensure our clients can ditch the tax season stress, forever. We’re a startup within a startup; a small but mighty team working cross-functionally within Bench as well as working closely with our tax partner, Taxfyle.
As a BenchTax Coordinator you will provide ongoing support directly with our clients and within our internal help channels to ensure that every client and Benchmate has what they need to communicate with our clients or to ensure the service is being delivered. The BenchTax Coordinator will help maintain the quality of our data environment, ensuring that the BenchTax Team has the most up to date information to make quality decisions on our service.
Over time, the BenchTax Coordinator will dive deeper into the delivery of the tax services by being directly responsible for monitoring and managing the delivery of our tax services to our clients and will coordinate directly with various teams within Bench in order to do so.
Here are some of the things you'll be getting up to:
- Connecting with our clients (via phone, email, and platform) to ensure a timely delivery of their tax services
- Maintain accurate, clean and actionable data within BenchTax’s data infrastructure; SalesForce, Google Sheets, and Taxfyle’s reporting systems
- Monitor and manage the delivery of our tax services within our partner, Taxfyle’s, platform to ensure our clients are getting the best possible experience
- Use your knowledge of the BenchTax services to respond to and action inquiries & requests from various team members across Bench
- Consistently improve on the BenchTax Team’s workflows, processes, and tools to optimize for internal efficiencies, and maintain internal documentation (e.g. team training and workflows) to ensure our team has the latest processes documented
- Support on key projects and initiatives for the BenchTax services, with oversight from a senior member of the BenchTax Team
You’ll fit in well if you:
- Enjoy driving business success through growth, innovation, and ambiguity
- Have a high sense of ownership about your work and high performance standards
- Are not satisfied with mediocrity, and are always looking for ways to consistently improve
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable taking action where there won’t always be clarity. You have good judgement and always push things forward.
- You are never shy in voicing your opinions, whether that’s to a peer or any leader at Bench, and you welcome feedback from others. You believe that feedback is the cornerstone to being our best selves.
- Work well with other individuals and teams
- Experience in Salesforce or other CRMs is a plus
- Are generally awesome to work with and be around
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- We're looking for start dates throughout January 2021.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.