Director, Referral Marketing
BenchCanada4 months ago
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We're a passionate and diverse group of people working hard to solve a tough problem for millions of entrepreneurs. For many small business owners, managing their finances is stressful and confusing. Keeping up to date on their accounting means trading off energy spent actually making their businesses successful. Bench solves this dilemma by taking accounting off of our clients hands. We’ve paired sleek, user-friendly software with a team of bookkeepers and tax professionals to provide monthly accounting at an incredibly accessible price, giving entrepreneurs the time and the confidence to run the businesses they love.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
Why is the Director of Referral Marketing role an exciting opportunity?
We have a small army of Bench lovers that want to tell the world about the wonders of Bench. Here’s what one of them just posted on our Trust Pilot review site:
“Owning and running a business, raising a family as a single-parent, taking care of aging parents, trying to navigate the challenges in life, anxiety attacks mixed-in with moments of depression, what next!? What was I thinking that I would have the time and know-how to keep up with my financials and all that is required when running a business…? Well, after years of neglect, I was forced to the realization that things will only get worse, I knew I needed help! But I was now more lost and behind than ever…I felt alone!
Enter Bench Accounting, the answer to my prayers. Because of my years of neglect, I was forced to seek help. Fast forward, I was soon introduced to Bench Accounting. From the first moment I was introduced to Erin, I knew I finally had someone on my side - a group of professionals that showed the concern for my needs and worries. Needless to say, the experience has been an emotional one for me as it has allowed me to gain back my life in so many ways.
Professionals like Maya, whom I have the honor to work with, have taken the time to understand every aspect of my business, stay in constant contact, and deliver quickly to me the financial upkeep that is required for all businesses. More than just providing the expertise and know-how, I feel I have built a relationship with Bench that is personal – real people who care about my well-being. It all makes sense and is simple to me now – focus on what I am best at and allow Bench to take care of the rigors of bookkeeping which ultimately helps me in reaching my goals.
And now, I have hope and am able to look forward and not behind. I no longer feel alone.
Thank you, Bench Accounting.
This review was not coached in any way. Bench makes a profound difference in our clients’ quality of life, and they want to talk about it. But we haven’t armed our clients to spread the word about Bench outside of a simplistic, automated “Refer-a-Friend” program. Until now.
The Director of Referral Marketing role is about arming our clients to spread the word about their experiences to their friends, family, and the world. And in doing so, creating a powerful growth channel for Bench that other companies could only dream of.
This is an executive role with full autonomy over strategy, hiring, and results. It’s going to take creativity, scrappiness, and a boatload of empathy.
Here’s some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Own an autonomous business unit with independent P&L responsibility.
- Be ultimately accountable for revenue and cost, not TOFU metrics.
- Hire and lead marketers, strategists, sales reps, and whatever other team members it takes to succeed.
- Improve and iterate on our existing marketing programs and launch new ones.
- Collaborate with senior leaders across Bench to make big things happen.
- 3+ years experience being responsible for a refer-a-friend or affiliate marketing program.
- 3+ years experience hiring and leading people.
- Experience being a lovely human being.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A nose for value: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important.
- Comfort with numbers: There’re lots of numbers in marketing. No way around it.
- Willingness to be on-the-hook: Making big things happen requires someone who’s willing to take chances and clean up any consequences.
- Scrappiness: You’re not afraid to get unconventional to make big things happen, even if it seems a bit duct-tapey.
- Empathy: We're all just human, y'know?
The extra details:
- This is a full-time position, and annual salary will be based on experience.
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- We're currently fully remote!
- We're a remote-first team augmented by physical space, and you'll need to be able to travel to Vancouver regularly once it’s possible to do so.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.