We’re Hiring a Director of Product!
- Compensation based on experience $150-$180K
- Stock Options
- Benefits Package
- Remote from anywhere in Canada
Audette is creating actionable carbon reduction plans for every building on the planet.
The world’s economies must transition to zero-carbon. Building infrastructure and operations make up 37% of CO2 emissions worldwide - and half of those are commercial real estate. There is no carbon-free future without carbon-free buildings. This is why we exist, and why we need you.
We apply building science and machine learning to model the most important features that contribute to carbon emissions. Our platform turns data into retrofit strategies that are actionable for commercial real estate investors and market makers to create a zero-carbon future. With our proprietary technology we can expedite decarbonization at the ground level and expand our impact to scale globally.
We are seeking a self-motivated Director of Product who wants to have a meaningful impact on climate change while significantly influencing the direction of a growing company. As Audette’s first product hire, you’ll play a vital role in leading all product initiatives, working closely with the CEO and leadership team to evolve our product vision and strategy and building out the product management function. In this role, you’ll see tangible impact from your skills and hard work.
This role is an integral part of the company leadership team, and the scope includes:
- Develop innovative solutions to one of the world’s most important problems
- Create, evangelize and maintain a clear product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Establish product management best practices to help cross-functional teams develop impactful products and features that customers love, and help customer-facing teams articulate the value to customers
- Launch new products and features, measuring their performance and iterating quickly. Examples include:
- Carbon retrofit market analysis tools for governments, regulators, and financial institutions.
- Carbon retrofit business intelligence for large commercial real estate portfolios.
- Down-market application products to promote low carbon purchasing decisions and incentive uptake
- Enterprise integrations for large technology companies and global financiers
- Learn from our customers, partners, internal teams, competitors and market, ensuring fit and differentiation.
- Continually improve features by leveraging quantitative data (success KPIs, user engagement) and qualitative data to feedback into future product discovery/delivery
- Develop and grow a high-capacity product team, making sure the team has everything they need to be effective and productive.
The right person for this role will have a combination of the following:
- Passion for addressing climate change
- Product management experience (preferably with SaaS and enterprise analytics products)
- Experience leading successful new product launches
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity and manage cross-functional teams through influence
- Ability to see the bigger picture and connect the dots across product, design, engineering, marketing and operations.
- Ability to build and grow a high functioning team
- Exceptional communication, analytical, teamwork and leadership skills
Why join us?
Together, we’re creating something unprecedented to tackle a huge global problem. To make this happen, we strive to create a best-in-class workplace in many areas, including continuous skills improvement, servant leadership, empathic communication, high-trust culture, and more.
As a member of Audette you will work on challenging problems of critical importance with a team of building science and software engineers. You will have a major impact over our technology, product and company culture.
Audette is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or parental responsibilities, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
Our Hiring Process:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Skills Test
- Second Technical interview (1-2 hours)
- Final interview (30 mins) with team
- Reference checks + offer