Quartech is an IT solutions and consulting company located in beautiful British Columbia, with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. With over 35 years of IT sector experience we provide customized technology solutions, design and develop software, technology integration, and end-to-end Cloud Solutions on the MS Dynamics 365 platform.
Quartech works in Agile environment and alignment with the DevOps philosophy. Constantly on top of the changing market, we work with emerging technologies like IoT, Blockchain & AI. We continue to experience significant growth year after year, focusing on building highly collaborative teams who work on a range of projects across multiple industries. At Quartech you’ll have the opportunity to deliver meaningful work to communities across the province, with significant support for your professional development.
We’re looking for an adaptable DevOps practitioner to join us in our consulting environment, working on client-facing projects with multi-functional teams.
At Quartech you’ll support in the design, configuration, and implementation of our CI/CD pipelines to automate our software delivery process. Working alongside our technical teams, and leveraging your back-end coding skills, you’ll develop and maintain container deployment, continuous integration, and monitoring systems using tools like Openshift, Grafana, Docker & Terraform.
In this role, you’ll:
- Identify process bottlenecks, propose solutions, and lead implementations
- Collaborate with technical teams to tackle complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and share them with technical teams
- Automate and streamline day-to-day business tasks and processes by exploring, testing, and integrating new tools
- Provide training and tooling to support development in a distributed environment
- Support the creation and implementation of large technical projects from start to finish
- Participate in system architecture planning
- Ensure we meet our SLOs through accurate infrastructure monitoring
- Design, develop, and deploy CI/CD pipelines & evolve existing pipelines
- Ensure integration of code quality, security scanning, and QA tools with pipelines
- Deploy, maintain, and support cloud environments, including Azure Production and Azure Dev Environments
To be successful in this role, you should bring most of the following:
- 5 + years of hands-on experience with DevOps tools and approaches
- Experience with promoting a DevOps culture and introducing it to new teams
- Comfort with back-end coding languages and practices
- Strong hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience at least one automation tool (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitLab, Bamboo)
- Infrastructure automation knowledge and experience with tooling (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Windows Server and Linux experience with strong shell scripting and system programming capability (POSIX Shell, Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with Docker, RedHat Openshift, or Kubernetes
- Some cloud experience (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Familiarity with systems monitoring, log aggregation, and dashboard solutions (e.g. Elastic, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus)
- Experience working in Agile Scrum or Kanban
- An understanding of what is possible, what is not possible & the communication skills needed to share this with clients and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with external clients as a consultant is an asset