WildBrainVancouver, BC15 days ago
Are you passionate about supporting digital experiences with cutting edge technologies and would like to be part of a fun and highly collaborative team? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio? Then, look no further, this is the job for you! Our work environment is creative and fast-paced with lots of opportunities to dive in and contribute new ideas, while respecting the fact that you have a life outside of work.
WildBrain is looking for an experienced Desktop Support team member to join our IT department! This is a 12-month contract role with the opportunity to extend. Candidates must be based in British Columbia, Canada.
As a member of our Desktop Support team, you will be working with our awesome IT department to provide day-to-day end-user support for our Production and Corporate employees. You will be responsible for setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of workstations, laptops and printers. As this is a production environment you must be capable of quickly changing focus while keeping track of everything on the go.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We’d love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading PC workstations, peripherals and application software
- Providing End-User support for Corporate and Production employees
- Maintaining accurate record of hardware inventory
- You have 5-7 years years' experience in an enterprise environment similar to ours
- You make a conscious effort to keep up-to-date on new and emerging technologies
- You have the ability to excel in a fast paced environment, adapting to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- You are a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You love to learn, try new things and think outside the box
- Knowledge of PC hardware, as well as various Windows and Mac operating systems and applications
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating systems as well as the Office Suite
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory and Server 2012/2016 platforms
- An understanding of LAN technologies and the ability to provide assistance in the administration of local area network operations
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Autodesk Maya Software is a definite asset
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off