Title: Delta System Specialist
Job number: 000640
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Technical Services
Area: Technical Services
Delta Controls has an opening in our Technical Services Department, internally referred to as a Delta Systems Specialist, to be based in our Surrey, BC offices (Cloverdale/Langley border). This is a full-time, permanent position to start as soon as possible.
This position is a Hybrid Role requiring occasional on-site attendance to our head office.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
About the Position
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will become part of a dynamic technical team that provides product support and services to Delta’s worldwide network of customers as well as providing solutions for challenging building automation control applications.
Delta System Specialist (DSS) primary role is to provide technical product support on our extensive product offering.
DSS become well rounded technical experts, proficient in the complete line of Delta Controls products, systems and applications. As your skills grow, you will be called upon to assist other teams within Technical Services as demand requires it. This includes training content creation and customer training, onsite product and application assistance, technical documentation, and more. Experienced DSS are often in high demand within other Delta Controls teams, such as application services, product management, product development and sales.
About Delta Controls
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 installers in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc. a $7+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, helping them with their vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products includes a comprehensive range of variable frequency drives, industrial automation, UPS, visualization displays, LED lighting and renewable energy solutions.
- The position will provide technical assistance to our Partners in areas of deployment, installation, programming, commissioning and troubleshooting of all aspects of the Delta Controls Building Automation System.
- Manage customer issues and requests through our web based Help Desk software.
- Determine the most effective method(s) to respond to these issues (workaround, Knowledge base article, personal phone call, etc).
- Analyze the issue(s), identify the underlying cause(s), and determine the most appropriate response.
- Upon request conduct on-site investigations.
- Provide feedback, or reports on customer issues, to the Product Management group.
- Write Knowledge Base Articles and participate in technical webinars.
- Provide technical product demonstrations where necessary.
- Work with technical writers as the technical adviser for product documentation.
- Participates in technical review of documentation.
Main skills required:
- Superior communication skills; oral, written, and interpersonal.
- Excellent analytic abilities.
- Handle pressure and stressful situations with a goal of customer satisfaction.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Team player; team builder.
- Ability to identify and build on distinctive strengths.
- Great appreciation of customer relationship management.
- Must have a valid and current Passport.
- Must be willing and able to travel the globe on request.
- Commitment to successfully complete the ASHRAE self-study HVAC course within the first year of this position.
- Degree or Technical Certification in a related field of study (Electrical, Mechanical, Automation, Robotics or other relevant field).
Years of relevant experience required: 3 years
Education required: Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, complete or update your profile and submit the application form on our web site (https://careers.deltacontrolsgroup.com) and then go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
No relocation will be offered for this position. Must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.