Cymax GroupBurnaby, BC17 days ago
Do you want to work closely with the data and processes of a successful e-commerce business? Were looking for an Intermediate Data Scientist to come up with customized solutions based on state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning algorithms to help understand the patterns in the e-commerce big data and extract meaningful conclusions and actionable results to help the business make progressive decisions.
Our Analytics team prides itself on providing everyone at Cymax with timely, accurate, and actionable information. Our hardworking team makes this possible by collecting, analyzing, and reporting data to give insight into the big picture. Whether through Business Intelligence, Data Science, or Operations Research, we use our expertise in big data to facilitate business decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Identify the data-analytics problems that offer the most practical opportunities to the organization.
- Study and understand the related datasets deeply and determine the most relevant datasets and KPIs.
- Collect large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources.
- Clean and validate the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity.
- Devise and apply models and algorithms to mine big data in collaboration with AI engineers.
- As a data scientist, you are expected to know the details of ML/DL algorithms, how to use or modify them, when to use them, and what algorithms are suitable for the specific problems that you are going to deal with.
- Analyze the data to identify patterns and trends.
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Building Machine Learning/Deep Learning scalable models for production.
- Communicate findings and results to stakeholders effectively.
- Experience with data visualization and storytelling.
- Familiar with the application of cutting-edge machine learning and deep learning algorithms in various topics from simple classification/regression to generative models.
- Have a strong background in algorithm development and data-driven problem-solving methodologies using these algorithms.
- Build Machine Learning Models to answer business driving questions for areas like automated marketing and e-commerce.
- Have a deep understanding of very specific details of machine learning algorithms and be able to develop them from scratch or change their structure for a customized problem.
- You will be involved in a variety of tasks in the process of developing AI products: data collection and synthesis, data analysis, algorithm design, and development.
- Work with data analysts, AI engineers, and data engineers in the process of product development.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue forecasting, pricing optimization, and other business outcomes.
Who you are:
- 4+ years relevant experience in advanced analytics, data science, machine learning, or artificial intelligence roles in the e-commerce space.
- Familiar with all steps of industry-level machine learning methodologies.
- Proficiency in various machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch.
- Engineering experience using large data systems on SQL, and good to have experience with Spark.
- Good to have experience with Docker, and model deployment on K8s.
- Expertise in framing a data-driven solution for a business problem.
Why work here!
The Cymax Group of brands build tech that runs business. Founded in 2004, our vision was simple: design an exceptional eCommerce experience. That idea evolved into a platform that includes online marketplaces Cymax Business and HomeSquare; Freight Club, a logistics solution; and digital supply chain tech enabling manufacturers with multichannel control: Channel Gate.
So, why work with us? For newbies to online selling, there is no better place to gain a comprehensive education on the end-to-end eCommerce experience. For the well-seasoned eComm aficionado, you’ll be on the cutting edge of eCommerce technology and innovation. For everyone, there's room to grow, mentorship, and a data-driven culture filled with diverse people who can’t wait to meet you. So why wait? Take your tech career to the next level and apply now!