WHO WE ARE
Omicron is one of the largest integrated development services, design and construction firms in Western Canada, providing solutions to clients in the Industrial, Institutional, Building Renewal, Commercial, Retail, and Residential sectors.
Omicron was established in 1998 by people who believed real estate strategists, architects, interior designers, engineers and builders could work together to deliver a better experience throughout each step of a building project. In an industry driven by traditional market practices, we focus on innovation, service integration and technology to create efficiencies and savings.
We have been a winner of Canada's Best Managed Companies program since 2009, maintaining Platinum Club member status since 2015. This program recognizes companies that implement world class business practices and create value in innovative ways.
We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are a tech-forward, innovative, sustainable and award-winning organization focused on success for clients and staff alike.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for designing and building data analytics reports across the organization. You will be a catalyst for growing our business intelligence capabilities, and work closely with discipline teams to understand complex business problems and analytical needs. You will develop, enhance and maintain reports, dashboards and analytics using Microsoft Power BI and build a data pipeline to automate the extraction and transformation of data into SQL and other systems. You will engage with Omicron business stakeholders across a wide range of disciplines to identify and capitalize on key opportunities for data analysis and reporting enhancements.
- Building, implementing and supporting Microsoft Power BI solutions
- Assist in the creation of a framework for how data, reports and dashboards are managed and delivered
- Create data visualizations, dashboards, and reports to present using Microsoft Power BI
- Convert existing datasets/reports into SQL Server/Analysis Services/Power BI Solutions
- Contribute reporting and business intelligence expertise to special projects as required
- Create and maintain business intelligence tools and reports, including physical data models and dimensional analysis
- Build a data pipeline to automate business processes and synchronize data between applications
- Assist stakeholders to determine business needs and requirements for BI, including the development of performance metrics and KPIs
- Design, code, test and aggregate results from SQL queries to provide information to stakeholders
- Analyze data to provide recommendations for future actions to business stakeholders
- Foster a data-driven culture through the adoption of data management best practices
- Partner with design, engineering and construction teams to gain cost and schedule efficiencies
- Leverage technology to enhance operational performance and productivity
WHO YOU ARE
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are able to make quick, well-informed decisions. You collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds in a clear and articulate way.
You have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders throughout the organization.
You are a quick learner with exceptional technical skills and a hunger to stay on the leading edge. You want to continue to learn, grow and expand your skill set.
You have a strong sense of ownership and hold all your work to a high self-standard.
You have excellent time management and prioritization skills; you get things done right within short time frames.
You are candid and comfortable when working with our internal teams and external partners. You are receptive and adaptive to feedback and push-back when approaches or timelines change.
- 2+ years hands on experience with Microsoft Power BI and Data Analysis
- 2+ years of technical experience with SQL Server is preferred
- Undergraduate degree in related field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent)
- Microsoft Power BI certification is an asset
- Microsoft Azure Data Scientist associate is an asset
- Detailed knowledge of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques
- Working knowledge of coding languages, including C+, VBA, R and Python
- Familiarity with Workato
- Ability to understand and create complicated Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) language expressions and familiarity with Power Query
- Proven experience with using data visualization techniques to create meaningful reports and dashboards
- Interest in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industries
- Working knowledge of Power Apps