Title: Data Centre Networking Engineer
Job number: 000548
Company: Delta Controls
Area: Information Technology / Information Services
Delta Controls is hiring for a Data Centre Networking Engineer position based in our Surrey, BC offices (Cloverdale/Langley border). This is a full-time, permanent position.
Work location: This position is located in our head office. Hybrid work is available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ Billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy-efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy-efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy-efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation.
Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling are available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer-paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness centre & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Data Centre Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting all aspects of our data centre and server operations and providing second level assistance on all Information Technology services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Install, patch and administer vCenter Server and ESXi servers.
- Install, patch and administer Windows and Linux VM images.
- Install, patch and administer physical servers.
- Maintain VMware backups, onsite, offsite and cloud.
- Design and maintain a patching program for our Windows and Linux servers using industry-standard tools.
- Hardening of public-facing servers.
- Physical installation of data centre servers, storage, cabling.
- Build and maintain documentation of all processes.
- Design, maintain and test Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans in the context of our Data Centre infrastructure.
- Answer phone calls, emails and in-person requests for help from the users.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity issues at a second level.
- Participate in a 24/7/365 coverage pattern, rotating with other team members.
- Perform other duties within IT as required.
Main skills required:
- Excellent documentation and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate technology, infrastructure and process needs and requirements with all personnel levels; oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated, attentive to detail, committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, monitors quality levels.
- Degree or Diploma specializing in Information Technology.
- 5 years of data centre experience.
- Minimum 2+ years experience with training opportunities
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco UCS or other blade server technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Netapp or other storage technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux servers and enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of Ansible, WSUS, SCCM
- Knowledge of scripting technologies – PowerShell, PowerCLI, Bash, Python
- Knowledge of SSO, SAML, LDAP, ADFS
Experience required: 2 to 5 years.
Years of relevant experience required: 2 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree, Associates or technical diploma
Education required (other): Degree or Diploma specializing in Information Technology
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too!
Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employer-paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness centre
- Company-paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
Keywords: Data Centre, Server Operations, Troubleshoot hardware and software