AlidaVancouver, BC23 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Data Architect to guide and contribute directly to the foundational data infrastructure of our SaaS business at Alida.
You’ll work in an agile environment, developing our world class SaaS application platform that helps hundreds of the world’s top brands make their products and services better. You'll play an active role in building the foundation for the next generation of our platform, using some of the latest technologies and working in a smart, dynamic, energetic team.
- 10+ years of experience working in software development
- Hands-on technical experience designing, implementing and operating hundred-terabyte-level data warehouse or data lake projects, preferably in a multi-source, multi-client SaaS environment.
- Deep understanding of storage, networking, I/O and workload implications of architectural and design decisions for big data installations.
- Understanding and direct experience working within a secure environment and following data governance regulations (such as SOC2, HIPAA or GDPR) and best practices.
- Hands-on, expert-level experience with multiple relational database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL) and no-SQL environments (DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.).
- Deep understanding of mainstream data and processing cloud infrastructure stacks, such as AWS (preferred), Azure or Google and infrastructure-as-code (Cloudformation, Terraform).
- Hands-on experience with parallelized big data computing frameworks such as Apache Spark, Kafka and Hadoop.
- Directly contribute to the architecture, design, implementation and operations of Alida’s global data infrastructure, providing low-latency access to consumers within and outside Alida.
- You will be a thought leader for our data architecture. You will produce high-quality documentation that will introduce, explain and evangelize our big data strategies to internal and external consumers.
- Work with other engineering teams within Alida to define and maintain programming interfaces, code contracts and SLAs.
- Quickly build proof of concept installations to illustrate and validate various design options or architectural choices.
- Design, build and maintain wide, repeatable coverage test automation within our data infrastructure. Design and implement load and stress testing environments that validate our client SLAs.
- Work closely with our DevOps team to help deploy, maintain and tune our data infrastructure
- Help operationalize our data infrastructure with clients and our Sales and Success groups.
Alida created the world's first CXM & Insights Platform, for the world’s most customer-obsessed brands, to turn customer truth into action. Our unparalleled approach of coupling broad feedback with deep insights creates lasting customer relationships and builds brands that stand the test of time. At Alida we value being bold, empathetic, curious, and authentic. We also have a lot of fun!