At Microserve, we're an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 400+ team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a full-time permanent Coordinator, People & Culture to join our fun, fast-paced People & Culture Team. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within Western Canada. This role directly reports into the Team Lead, People & Culture. This is a great role for someone who is just entering into the Human Resources field with a year or more administrative experience under their belt!
You will be working closely with the People & Culture Team executing various initiatives to help achieve the department's goals and objectives. They will also support with administrative duties as required. In this role you will facilitate daily Human Resources Administrative functions like keeping track of employee records, preparing letters, agreements, generating reports, and other team tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. He or she will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using HR software/tools and deal with confidential information ethically.
People & Culture Administration
- Creating new hire employee documents/packages as required
- Creating and formatting employee documents along with generating reports from our Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Participate in team meetings within the People & Culture team and various other teams
- Update onboarding resources and tools as well as assist in delivering onboarding sessions
- Plan and schedule onboarding for new employees
- As required, create, and maintain employee files and data electronically
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests
- Redirect HR related calls or distribute correspondence to the appropriate person of the team
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc.)
- Assisting the Team Lead, Advisors and Director in advising managers and supervisors on legal compliance issues including Employment Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act and Human Rights Code legislations
- Assisting the People & Culture team in creating new HR policies/initiatives and the execution of these policies/initiatives
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars as requested
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activities as requested
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects
- Provide administrative assistance to the People & Culture Team as required
- Degree or diploma in human resources will be considered an asset
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Minimum of 2 years, hands-on HR administrative related experience
- Ability to work independently, while functioning as part of the People & Culture Team and prioritize as needed.
- Knowledge of current employment legislations
- Positive attitude, and approachable with a friendly, self-confident nature
- Attention to detail especially when reviewing written documents and following up on important dates
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with professionalism and tact
- Skilled in time management and organization techniques
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems