addy Technology Corp.Vancouver, BC2 months ago
We are a well-capitalized startup seeking a talented Controller to help enable every human to be a homeowner. Reporting into our CEO, you lead addy’s finance team as we grow aggressively in the coming years. You will work with the rest of the management team to develop membership growth, real estate acquisition and development strategies for addy.
We are a SaaS-enabled marketplace that engages every human through compelling and thoughtful design. We expect intense, talented and interesting teammates who care about achieving a triple bottom line of societal, environmental and economic return.
Exceptional communication and comfort with debate are essential.
- Are excited with scale and hundreds of entities – get technology is the key to unlocking growth with a full set of hair.
- Act as a collaborative business partner to the leadership team
- Manage a outsourced bookkeeping firm who currently process accounts payable, generate monthly financial statements and process bi-weekly payrolls.
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Manage year end audit process liaising with external auditors and tax advisors
- Drive improvement in internal controls so as to minimize overall risk.
- Lead the annual budgets process and provide quarterly forecasts to leadership team including variance analysis
- Manage monthly monthly tax compliance work
- Responsible for company insurance program ensuring that appropriate coverage is in place.
- Play advisory role to other departments in financial and accounting matters
- Support CEO and Board in future fundraising activities.
- Support addy’s real estate and legal departments in new project offerings providing financial information assistance as needed.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) and membership in good standing with CPABC
- Minimum of 3 years of post public practice experience
- Proven track record in providing full cycle accounting
- Experience working in a high growth start-up and/or owner-operated business (preferred)
- A passion for developing a new and valuable proptech brand and be energized at the opportunity to introduce addy to the world
- Curiosity: Be curious and always on the hunt for improvement. Our mantra: “Every day and every way, we are better and better”
- Empathy: We take the time to think on and understand how the other person feels. Not to be confused with sympathy. We develop software that is rooted in understanding the feelings of our members.
- Accountability: Do what you say
- Sharing: We are eager to share with the world to make it a better place. addy is a capital expression of us sharing opportunities to own a piece of your neighbourhood, city and country. Trust and vulnerability is sharing your whole self with your team.
- Abide by Win-Win or No Deal: For everything that we do, it is a win / win situation or no deal. When our members win a fantastic investment; we won.
- Energy for challenges in a high growth, fluid environment. Be persistent and resourceful in your efforts to overcome them
- A humble, team-player attitude and be ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
- Exceptional communication skills and be comfortable with debate
Investing in real estate with addy means you can own property and still do all of the things that make you who you are because you decide how much to invest. There’s no need to turn your life upside down for a massive down payment, you could literally invest $1 if that’s what’s best for you. Continue living downtown, travel when you want, spend more time with family and friends, and still have the chance to get into real estate.
addy is real estate for everyone and we are on a mission to enable every human to be a homeowner. Our mission is our destination and we live in our core values to get there: Win / Win or No Deal, Curiosity, Empathy, Accountability, Sharing.
Making real estate investing available to everyone is what excites and unites our team of real estate experts, entrepreneurs, and technologists. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to become a homeowner through access to real estate investing at any amount, regardless of income, age, or other conflicts. We’re looking for bright people who care about achieving a triple bottom line of societal, environmental and economic return to join us on this incredible journey.
- This is a full-time, permanent position
- We offer an extended benefits package, including health, dental, and vision
- Travel is in our DNA and we offer many opportunities for offsite retreats (when it’s safe to do so, of course!)
- Annual learning benefit
- Snacks, fruit, and a wide selection of drinks are available in our kitchen
- Office in the heart of Kitsilano
- Regular company-wide & team events
Are you of the FIRE movement, dig on the principles of Mr. Money Mustache or geek out on Bigger Pockets? Let your true inner geek shine and share in your application what you are into and why you feel now is the time to make the real estate asset class available to everyone.
Signing up for an account will signal your interest in this role.
Email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
Include the job you’re applying for in the subject line