At Microserve, we're an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 450 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
The Configuration Technician is responsible for configuration of new computers for clients, and computer hardware repairs. Troubleshooting and imaging large volumes of PCs and printers in a team environment is the core responsibility of this role.
- Software and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Printer/peripheral installation
- Diagnose, repair, and upgrade PC software and equipment
- Image workstation for new deployments
- Support other departments as necessary, depending on workload
- Work proactively to ensure that services delivery are aligned to the client needs
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1 year experience in an enterprise/business IT environment
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Experience in PC assembly or repair
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) considered an asset
- Vendor-specific hardware certification desired
Position specific requirements:
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)
Employee will understand, meet and live our core values
Will Sweep Floors, Openness, Flexibility, Not Stuffy, Customer Driven