Computer Install Technician
Microserve is an industry leading provider of IT services and solutions to Canadian organizations. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 550 team members, and we’re one of the largest technology solutions providers in Canada. Our 30+ years of continued success and growth stem from our commitment to long term client relationships, adaptability to continuous changes in the IT industry, and our amazing people.
The Computer Install Technician is responsible for deploying and retiring IT hardware in our branch or client environments. This may involve physical installation, transfer of settings or data, installation and configuration of software, or training and support for PCs, Laptops, Printers and Peripherals.
This position is based out of Victoria, BC and will require extensive travel to other areas of Vancouver Island. It will also require some travel and presence on client sites such as healthcare, government, and post-secondary institutions.
- Software and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Printer/peripheral installation
- Diagnose, repair, and upgrade PC software and equipment
- Image workstation for new deployments
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Record-keeping and asset management
- Support other departments as necessary, depending on workload
- Work proactively to ensure that services delivery is aligned to the client needs
- Delivering computer and/or printer orientation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum: High School Diploma / GED (experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive customer service
- Preferred: College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification
- 1 year of experience in an enterprise/business IT environment
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Experience in PC assembly or repair
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) is considered an asset
- Vendor-specific hardware certification is desired
- Presentation and training skills is an asset
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)
- Must have driver’s license and access to own vehicle
Employee will understand, meet, and live our core values
Will Sweep Floors, Openness, Flexibility, Not Stuffy, Customer Driven