At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 450 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a Team Lead, People & Culture (P&C) to join our growing People & Culture team. This role can be performed anywhere within Western Canada. The Team Lead, People & Culture will report into the Director, People & Culture.
This role will be leading a team of employees within the People & Culture Operations team. This role will require someone who has hands on experience within Human Resources tied with leadership. It will require a unique set of skills as you will be providing day to day HR operations guidance to their team and leaders within Microserve.
This role plays an integral part in increasing the level of employee engagement and employee capabilities at Microserve. Working in partnership with the Advisors and their business units, this role provides coaching and mentorship around strategic human resources advice and counsel to Leaders to assist in the achievement of Microserve’ s objectives and strategic goals.
The Team Lead, People & Culture will also be involved in overseeing all aspects in the employee life cycle and performance management. This includes overseeing the validation of new hire paperwork, onboarding, employee life cycle changes, documentation, investigations, performance management and disciplinary action, counsel, and advice to leaders on employee relations issues, leave of absence administration, etc.; Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion for people practices.
Key Areas of Accountability
People & Culture Operations
- Leading and inspiring a highly motivated team of People & Culture professionals which will include coaching, mentoring, development, performance management, training, and supporting the team members to be successful on delivering on People & Culture operations in an efficient and effective manner
- Lead team meetings to continuously improve our process and synchronize efforts
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Advisor group on day-to-day HR advice
- Provide support to employees in various HR related questions and topics
- Responsible for maintaining various People & Culture Operations KPI’s
- Build reports, analyze data, and leverage information to advise stakeholders on the optimal execution of People & Culture Operations
- Manage execution of various employee related reports via our HRIS system (ADP)
- Understand organizational issues and provide advisory support to Advisor and the leaders they support
- Assist Advisor and Leaders when it comes to employee performance concerns such as absenteeism, conduct and performance issues
- Maintaining accurate and confidential employee records and files of HR transactions including performance reviews, discipline, policy acknowledgements
- Provide advice to Advisors, Leaders, and employees on a variety of HR subjects to ensure compliance to internal policies/procedures, and any legislative requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for escalations from the Advisor team
- Support on reviewing all new hire/contractor documentation and packages
- Responsible in ensuring that Microserve’ s new hire onboarding process is effectively hosted and presented
- Responsible for delivering new hire orientation and on-boarding activities when needed
- Represent the HR department on the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee
- Create and maintain confidential employee and contractor files, electronic and paper form
- Responsible for overseeing workplace investigations
- Responsible for ensuring all employee paperwork is filed accordingly
- Responsible for creating employee letters and documentation to support changes in the employee life cycle
- Provide guidance on employee leave of absences
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in line with operational excellence within People & Culture
- Provide support as needed to the Director, People & Culture as needed
- Administrative and additional tasks as required
- Ability to lead without authority
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Minimum 2+ years hands on Human Resources Leadership leading advisory teams and coordinators
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on HR Generalist experience of providing consultation and advice to leaders
- Education in Human Resources or related discipline
- Working knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Experience working in the IT industry would be considered an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with HRIS system(s)
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach