East Side GamesVancouver, BC2 months ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A COMMUNITY MANAGER HAVE AT ESG
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or on any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here.
As a Community Manager, you will join East Side Games and work on creative and engaging content that will entertain and excite our player experience. You’ll work with a variety of our games, tracking the effectiveness of content and identifying ways to expand our reach! You have a compulsion to engage with our players across our game’s social media platforms, newsletters, live streams, and in-game notifications. You can’t wait to write original copy and work with our artists to produce informative and eye-catching creatives. You’re comfortable working and collaborating with established (and sometimes cherished) brands across multiple studios and partners.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Measure marketing metrics related to social, email, and other various marketing channels.
- Assist games teams and customer support with social media messaging for live operations issues.
- Engage directly with players on social media, answering questions, or simply replying to a compliment with an appropriate GIF.
- Work on editing, proofreading, posting, blogging, and creating other inbound content.
- Own the analytics for your content. Report and track the effectiveness of social content and email campaigns, while recommending new ways to expand and reach our audiences.
- Meet with game producers and external brand holders to develop and plan strategies related to improving customer engagement – pitch ideas and provide metrics that help the teams make informed production decisions based on collective social sentiment.
- Produce a live stream.
- Drive our brand and product awareness while creating an optimal player experience.
- PLAY OUR GAMES!!!
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- 2+ years’ experience in online or digital inbound content marketing, preferably within the mobile game space.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or college diploma in business, marketing, or communications, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in best practices across mobile, email, social media, and video mediums.
- Can write original and engaging copy for social posts, newsletters, and in-game news features
- Proficiency with email marketing tools (e.g., Mailchimp), social media scheduling tools, one or more content creation editing tools (video preferred), and landing page creation (e.g., Unbounce).
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!