ChatterHigh Communications IncRemote Canada10 days ago
ChatterHigh is a small ed-tech company located in Victoria, B.C. Our award-winning, research-proven digital platform engages and assesses learners in grades 6-12 with important online information and resources through a fun, gamified activity. Students across North America map out post-secondary and career interests and build awareness of financial literacy, mental health, work safety, and more. Our mission is to help students make mindful decisions to build their futures. Teachers use ChatterHigh in career and personal health classrooms across Canada and the U.S. to engage and inform students with career and post-secondary exploration, mental health awareness, and more. Our partners, such as government agencies, career institutes, and post-secondary institutions, use our platform to share important career, post-secondary, and health information with the middle and high school community. Partners sponsor competitions where students compete to win prizes for themselves and their schools.
Customer Feedback & Insights
- Be the voice of and champion our product’s customers
- Understand our product marketplace; anticipate market opportunities and innovate product solutions
- Formulate and direct our product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Collect, articulate, and prioritize requirements from product stakeholders (own and manage product backlog)
- Occasional travel and on-site customer visits
- Write Agile User Stories with Testable Acceptance Criteria
- Work with development team to estimate scope, risk, and effort of planned work
- Participate in all Agile Scrum activities (triage, story grooming, sprint planning, scrums, retrospectives)
- Report and track team, product, and project status
- Elevate impediments/issues to management
- Communicate and coordinate with Customers, TechComm, Marketing, QA, and Customer support
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Business, Education or related field/degree)
- 3+ years experience as an Agile Product Owner
- Comfortable and effective working with cross-functional teams through changing requirements and dynamic environments
- Experience in an Agile development environment is preferred
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification would be a bonus
- Experience in the education industry, or similar exposure would be an asset.
This position is remote-friendly, but the successful applicant must live in Canada and have access to a computer and a strong internet connection.
ChatterHigh is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other
status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.
We look forward to hearing from you!