At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 450 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a Buyer to join our Purchasing Team. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within Western Canada. Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for executing various procurement initiatives within identified timelines and budgets.
The Buyer will be involved in, planning, developing and managing the steps within Microserve’ s procurement processes. We are looking for someone who can research, select and purchase quality products and materials. Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing. Process requisitions and update management on status of orders. Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
The successful candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment. If you have proven skills around managing high volumes of work through a team, a demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize objectives to meet deadlines you will be successful in this role.
- Support internal stakeholders in determining, refining and establishing service business outcomes and requirements for procurement purposes.
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify the business and technology requirements to be included in competitive bid processes.
- Create a detailed work plan identifying internal and external resource requirements and timelines.
- Facilitate, lead, and support all supplier relationships, and conduct supplier capability assessments in cooperation with Quality Assurance
- Ensure due diligence and contract negotiations with the preferred proponents.
- Oversee ETA, RMA and inventory management
- Keep abreast of developments in the area of best practices as well as new/needed skills, processes, or methods.
- Hands-on experience with shipping, logistics, distribution, receipt management, vendor performance appraisal, and vendor return systems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing management in an IT Environment
- Experience developing procurement documentation such as competitive and non-competitive bid documentation and contracts; and issuing, evaluating and awarding contracts.
- Demonstrable understanding of procurement best practices, contract negotiations and contract law is preferred.
- PMAC certification or equivalent experience and education.
- Direct work experience in a supply chain management or forecasting position.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of business continuity strategies as it relates to the supply chain.