Business Solutions Engineer - SimCorp
British Columbia Investment Management CorporationVictoria, BC16d ago
The Technology department is responsible for developing technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of BCI’s mission and long-term goals. The department manages the Corporation’s business applications and information technology infrastructure, providing support to a large group of financial professionals. The department is also responsible for authoring technology-related directives and conducting disaster recovery planning to minimize risk to the Corporation’s delivery of investment services.
Reporting to the Manager, SimCorp Support, the Business Solution Engineers are responsible for business analysis of projects with medium to high levels of complexity. The Business Solutions Engineers collaborate and communicate with members of cross-functional teams and deliver business value to internal customers. These roles understand business needs and issues, clarify requirements and model business processes in an Agile hybrid environment. The roles focus on the analysis, design, implementation and support of business processes for a primary investment management system, SimCorp Dimension.
We are looking to fill multiple Business Solutions Engineer roles at levels - II & III
This position can be based in either Vancouver or Victoria with travel required between the two cities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Must have knowledge of the investment management industry
- Must have excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be familiar with change management principles and practices relating to IT transformations
- Professional certifications such as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or similar credentials are an asset
Business Solutions Engineer II:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as a Business Analyst or Business Engineer in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Knowledge of SimCorp Dimension is preferred
Business Solutions Engineer III:
- A minimum of 8 years experience working as a Business Analyst or Business Engineer in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Must have working knowledge of SimCorp Dimension
- Collaborates with team members, other IT teams and customers to understand the objectives, needs and issues of assigned customer area(s)
- Elicits and captures business requirements and non-functional requirements through facilitating meetings, conducting workshops, conducting interviews and reviewing existing processes
- Validates business and non-functional requirements and ensures they meet desired outcomes
- Performs user research, analyzes user needs and aligns results with the desired outcomes
- Develops unambiguous and compelling user stories and clear user acceptance criteria
- Develops user personas, journey maps, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows,
- site maps, prototypes and mock-ups
- Applies knowledge of Agile methods and participates in team activities, ceremonies and efforts to continuously improve processes including backlog development or grooming, sprint planning and team retrospectives
- Proactively identifies risks and issues and proposes solutions to remove barriers
- Acts as a subject matter expert and provides support, ad hoc training, and guidance to users and others to increase adoption of Agile methods
- Ensures business engineering artifacts are accurate, accessible, maintained and communicated to stakeholders as needed
- Undertakes special projects or assignments as required
- Performs other related duties as required
FOCUS AREA - SIMCORP
Additional responsibilities for the focus area are as follows for all positions:
- Provides business analysis support for SimCorp Dimension projects
- Assesses, designs, implements and supports enhancements to business processes
- Investigates, analyses, troubleshoots and recommends solutions to business process issues on a timely basis and communicates with customers who rely on the system
- Understands the specific business rules and process dependencies of the system when assessing issues and formulating recommendations for solutions
- Documents the business processes and contributes to improving and documenting best practices for SimCorp Dimension implementation projects
- Continually expands knowledge of SimCorp Dimension and the customers’ needs, and ensures customers receive the optimal configuration and workflow
In addition to the responsibilities above, the Business Solutions Engineer II:
- Designs information systems that deliver maximum business value to customers based on IT andcorporate strategies, priorities and customer needs
- Executes all visual design stages from concept to final delivery
- Collaborates with team members to identify opportunities for integrated user experiences
FOCUS AREA SIMCORP
- Participates in all aspects of SimCorp Dimension projects, including business analysis, design, configuration, integration testing and production support
- Performs the configuration hand-over to the customer and supports the customer with testing
In addition to the responsibilities above, the Business Solutions Engineer III:
- Provides technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members and creates a culture of customer-centricity, accountability and high performance
FOCUS AREA SIMCORP
- Leads business engineering efforts of SimCorp Dimension projects, including business analysis, design, configuration, integration testing and production support
- Defines, collects and/or analyzes system KPIs, metrics and reporting use to track, optimize and communicate the product’s performance to customers
Effective performers possess a natural desire to deconstruct and rebuild systems, processes and policies to better understand their business value and improve upon it. They isolate causes from symptoms and compile information and alternatives to illuminate problems and issues. They strive to involve others in their analytical efforts and gather information from a variety of sources.
Effective performers establish and proactively maintain a broad network of relationships (e.g. colleagues, co-workers, vendors, suppliers, etc.). They value these relationships and work effectively across the organization by maintaining positive working relationships with peers and others.
Effective performers possess a high inner work standard and shows pride in their work. They consistently strive to ensure work is complete within deadlines and that all work performed is of a high quality.
Effective performers are skilled at directing, persuading, and motivating others. They are able to flex their style to direct, collaborate, or empower as the situation requires. They have established a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty.
Organization & Planning
Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They follow through on tasks to ensure changes in technology are communicated effectively.
Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement, and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
Effective performers clearly and articulately convey technical and other information both orally and in writing to others in a manner appropriate to the listener. They write clearly, accurately and concisely, composing project, technical and other required documentation as required.
Effective performers are adaptable. They embrace needed change and modify their behaviour when appropriate to achieve organizational objectives. They are effective in the face of ambiguity. They understand and use change management techniques to help ensure smooth transitions.