AbCelleraVancouver, BC16 days ago
Job ID: 21246
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Business Analyst to join our Data Management team where they will work closely with a highly proficient team of lab scientists, data scientists, and software developers to define and design technical solutions that address the data management needs across our organization. The role will focus on the flow of data across our technology stack and data pipeline primarily within R&D, looking for opportunities to deploy new efficiencies and capabilities. The Business Analyst will help build out the tools, resources, and analyses necessary to define and catalog value stream maps, data flow diagrams, and the various workflows and processes that constitute our technology pipeline. Contributions by the successful candidate will accurately capture the requirements and technology needed to help build a data management solution that meets the needs of a rapidly growing and innovative company today, and in the future. The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents.
How you might spend your days:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating and documenting requirements, defining opportunities for improvement, developing and recommending technical solutions.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, project leaders, project management, and other subject matter experts to shepherd solution proposals through to deployment.
- Leading continuous technical reviews of data-specific business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest Data Management advancements to automate and modernize systems and workflows.
- Coordinating with the Data Governance Office to ensure recommendations align with all relevant data management practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Effectively communicating insights, recommendations, and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Maintaining a close partnership with the IT organization, working closely to design solutions in a collaborative manner within the context of the technology blueprint and capabilities.
- Maintaining value stream maps, data flow diagrams, and other records for data and business processes.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior team members.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline, related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Familiarity with or previous experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Excellent documentation, organization, and communication skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Competency in Google Workspace applications (Sheets, Docs, Drive, etc.).
- Familiarity with visualization and analytics platforms (PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.).
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21246 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.