Business Analyst (Banking)
FISPANVancouver, BC15 days ago
At FISPAN, we are looking for a driven, creative Business Analyst to join a team of young professionals driving FISPAN’s rapid growth. We are a 4-year-old financial technology start-up founded by female entrepreneur Lisa Shields who has a long and successful career in the fintech industry. We provide innovative solutions for contextual business banking to our global tier 1 banks, including J.P Morgan Chase.
We are looking for a collaborative individual who seeks responsibility and wants to grow within FISPAN. FISPAN provides an exciting, fast-paced environment perfect for a candidate who wants to impact our banking approach and our culture of innovation.
The banking business analyst role is a full-time position with great benefits and a competitive salary. The position will provide exposure to all teams within FISPAN and our top tier clients. We want our BA’s to guide the role with their own personalities. We are at an exciting stage of FISPAN’s journey, and this position allows a successful candidate to build and grow their professional career during this period of expansion. If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and appetite for technology start-ups, we want to hear from you.
The Typical Day:
- The successful candidate will be influential in how FISPAN delivers the technical aspects of our projects. You will need to be a fast-learner and a team player with an ambition to expand your business analysis skills.
- Work with multiple people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Progressively become a subject matter expert on banking product knowledge within FISPAN.
- You will be the point of contact between our clients and our banking development team.
- Assist the management team, banks and clients to understand new requirements, analyze and question ambiguity, and create content that articulates our understanding.
- Produce client-facing documentation and deliver product demonstrations aimed at prospective customers.
- Work closely with the development team to manage ongoing and upcoming development projects, supporting the team with documentation, and facilitate client discussions.
- Assist in preparing sales proposals, including initial solution design, collateral creation, and client workshops. Responsible for building marketing and sales support materials for new and upcoming products.
- Play a part in managing and driving the product life cycle’s execution from a technical and platform perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference to business or technology focus areas.
- 0-2 years of relevant business analyst, accounting or banking experience is preferred
- A passion for technology’s ability to change the world.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Familiarity with any high-level programming language is an asset (but not required!).
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are a must.
Why work with us:
Experienced Team: Our CEO’s previous company, Hyperwallet, was bought by Paypal for 400$ mil, which makes it one of the biggest acquisitions in Canada! All founding team members have a great deal of experience within their field
Our startup culture implies autonomy on achieving goals hence higher level of responsibility and engagement and flexibility on design and architecture approach and tooling
No Overtime Culture: We value efficiency during normal work hours. What unites us is that we come to work to do what we love, but we also understand that personal growth happens on multiple levels and we want you to have a happy family, explore new ideas, develop hobbies!
Perks: Prime downtown Vancouver location close to a Skytrain or we fully support working from home. Our employees are provided with the most modern MacBook / monitors + any extras which will help you to be productive.
Vacation: 4 weeks vacation per annum!
FISPAN is on a mission to become the best place to explore, start, and grow a career for everyone. We are committed to building a workplace that recognizes, respects and elevates all individuals. We recognize that the differences in each of us is what makes FISPAN a different kind of business.