Billing and Purchasing Manager (Mat Leave Cover)
UnbounceVancouver6 months ago
Join our fast-growing company as a Billing & Purchasing Manager (16 month contract), where you will not only be involved with billing and finance, but will be exposed to a dynamic team that is constantly looking for ways to innovate and improve the way we do business. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the entire customer payment and invoicing journey and working with the Engineering and Customer Support teams to ensure the accuracy of billing. You will also work closely with members of the Operations team to help facilitate the purchasing process for Unbouncers.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a member of the FATCATs (Finance & Accounting, Tactical Corporate Action Team), you will be involved with:
- Invoice Management and AR.
- Billing tickets and billing help, investigating and resolving billing related issues.
- Dunning and Recovery.
- Recurly coupon requests & management as well as monitoring Recurly features and rolling them out as needed.
- Tax Residency Certificate applications and exemptions.
- Ad-Hoc billing projects.
- Purchase requisitions and purchase order management.
- Sales tax management.
- Item management in NetSuite.
- Process improvement and automation.
A Little Bit About You:
- You have a passion for finance, customer service and technology.
- You have had exposure to finance/AR.
- You have knowledge of e-commerce, payment gateways, SaaS Billing.
- You have been involved with system implementations/projects.
- You know that you don’t have all the answers, and you’re prepared to make mistakes and learn from them QUICKLY.
- If you want something you can really sink your teeth into, and you’re hungry to learn more about billing and finance in one year than most do in four.
- You are focused on continuous improvement, streamlining processes and efficiency.
- You are resourceful, prepared, and possess a no task is too big or too small mentality.
- You want to jump-start your career in tech with a fast-growing startup.
- Most importantly, you live our Core Values of Courage, Ambition, Being Real, Empathy & Diversity.
- AR: invoicing, receipts & allocations of payment, reconciliations, collections.
- Sales taxes: U.S. sales taxes, global sales tax research and compliance.
- Purchasing: managing the purchasing process and workflow.
- Software: Recurly.
What’s in it for You:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.