At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 450 team members and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for an Asset Recovery Technician to join our technical services team in Burnaby, BC. The Asset Recovery Technician is responsible for deploying and retiring IT hardware in our branch locations. We offer onsite training, competitive pay with benefits/vacation and a Monday – Friday schedule with day shift hours.
- Organizing and processing incoming warehouse inventory
- Moving skids into Asset Recovery, helping our drivers load or un-load truck (when needed).
- Protecting client data by wiping, destroying, and processing computer hard drives
- Check and configure BIOS: basic input/output systems for wiping procedures
- Manges the data flow between the computers operating system and attached devices (Hard disk, video adapter, KB, mouse)
- Inventory management and Client data reporting
- Aid in improving processes where possible or necessary
- Shipping (logistics and prepping product)
- Update paperwork and tickets within internal systems
- 1+ year warehouse experience, preferably in an enterprise/business IT environment
- Warehouse / Shipping receiving and paperwork experience
- Organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Good attention to detail
- Basic computer user skills (Windows, Excel) an asset
- Experience with computer hardware an asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting or individually
- Ability to be accountable to your team and other departments
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)
Employee will understand, meet and live our core values
Will Sweep Floors, Openness, Flexibility, Not Stuffy, Customer Driven