At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 400 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
The Asset Recovery Team Lead is responsible for leading the Asset Recovery (AR) team at the Tech Centre. They will work with their team on deploying and retiring IT hardware in our branch locations and responsible for ensuring that all Asset recovery operations are seamless- Receiving/Wiping/Communication/Lease returns. The AR Team Lead will also be the main source of training and support for their team and responsible for their performance reviews, leaves (using ADP) and team development.
- Provide support and training to the Asset Recovery Technicians in the team as needed in the following areas:
- Organizing and processing incoming warehouse inventory
- Moving skids into Asset Recovery, helping our drivers load or un-load truck (when needed).
- Protecting client data by wiping, destroying, and processing computer hard drives
- Preparing skids of lease return inventory,
- Update paperwork and tickets within internal systems
- Ability to handle rush projects and dealing with ambiguity/multitasking with a customer first approach.
- Responsible for creation of daily/weekly/monthly client/stakeholder reports including Lease reporting Asset Tracking and Delinquent report. Ensure all reporting is accurate and audited prior to deadlines.
- Support other departments in the Tech Centre as necessary, depending on workload. Collaborate with project coordinators, stake holders and other sites to ensure seamless AR operation.
- Work proactively to ensure that service delivery is aligned to the client needs, handle client escalations and work on improving client experience.
- Perform administrative tasks including performance reviews and leave management in ADP
- Working on training plan development and updating for new hires and existing employees.
- Ensure their team is motivated and meeting assigned productivity and utilization targets, distributing the daily tasks to the team. Be an advocate for tools and resources for the team.
- Ensure all service levels are met as per the client requirements and deadlines.
- Work on process improvement and innovation with focus on improving efficiency, utilization, productivity, revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Handle the client projects with no escalations and perfect quality (trying to achieve Six Sigma standards).
- Actively participate in Leadership meetings, Team building, and Operational meetings.
- Check and configure BIOS: basic input/output systems for wiping procedures
- Manges the data flow between the computers operating system and attached devices (Hard disk, video adapter, KB, mouse)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise/business IT environment preferred
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment.
- Experience in PC assembly or repair
- Adept at leading team activities, Kaizen meetings and quality audit processes
- Adept in change management and in implementing changes in the AR team.
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) considered an asset.
- Vendor-specific hardware certification desired
Position specific requirements
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)