FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
Terramera is seeking a dynamic, friendly, and highly organized Administrative Assistant (Lab Operations) to join our Green Chemistry Solutions Team. The primary role of the successful candidate is to assist in the daily functioning of our lab department and support the implementation of Terramera’s Lab Operations Plan by performing administrative and operational tasks.
Administratively, this includes ordering and receiving supplies, taking inventory and replenishing material stocks, and data entry. Operationally, this includes basic hands-on support in the lab area like managing the glassware dishwasher, placing or moving items in the inventory, and periodic basic maintenance to lab equipment like defrosting sample freezers or cleaning and replacing filters on lab water systems.
Reporting to the Lab Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant (Lab Operations) will also interact with the lab’s Team Leads and researchers, Terramera personnel from Facilities, Accounting, and IT departments, as well as external personnel like couriers and service contractors.
- Place supply orders, compile comparative pricing options
- Receive and process deliveries, and prepare packaging and documents for outgoing shipments
- Enter information on received items to databases and logs
- Keep paper and digital files organized
- Load, run, and unload the lab’s glassware dishwasher daily
- Minor lab maintenance tasks like replacing water filters, defrosting sample freezers
- Move supplies into storage locations, including boxes up to 25lbs, compressed gas cylinders, and 20L pails of chemicals and lab waste
- Break down boxes and packaging, and sort into various waste streams
- Follow all safety procedures and be proactive in identifying hazards in the workplace
- 1-2 years' experience in an administrative lab setting or similar position
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word)
- Excellent data entry and record-keeping skills, supported by accurate keyboarding and ability to multi-task between applications
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Basic knowledge of purchasing and receiving processes is an asset
- Successful completion of WHMIS and TDG training will be required at the start of work; previous familiarity with handling chemicals and materials categorized as hazardous or dangerous goods is preferred
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Organization skills, including able to tolerate frequent interruptions
- Time management skills, able to plan and juggle daily workload, prioritize, and seek input or help when needed
- Friendly, cooperative, and helpful attitude
- Resourceful, and comfortable with working independently
- Strong health & safety focus
- Vancouver, BC (Onsite required)
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is an AgTech company transforming how we grow food and the economics of agriculture by simulating complex systems and the interactions of molecules and taking learnings from and to the field. The company provides solutions to the agricultural industry to reduce the use of synthetic pesticides, increase crop resiliency, predictability and quality, support regenerative agronomy and measure the carbon sequestered through regenerative agriculture. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with integrated operations that include research labs, automated plant growth facilities and a robotics workshop, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.